• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Couple of Questions about TeaSpeak&Tea*Speak

Shneps

Hey all.

I currently have a 3.0.13.8 Tea*Speak server.
Can I download the current TeaSpeak server and migrate my Tea*Speak snapshot to TeaSpeak ?
If yes -> can users with 3.2.2+ client use my server?

Also, how do I avoid being blacklisted? any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Sparky

yes, you can but if you want more than 32 slots you have to buy a Tea*Speak licence to still allow Tea*Speak clients to connect to your servers
the second way is to migrate your clients to teaspeak client
about the blacklisting you had allready the risico if your Tea*Speak was a crack version.

About the migration by making snapshots you will lose the icons wich you have to put back this will if I'm not rong the only lose
But you will have some adds that wern't on Tea*Speak look like the TeabotMusic,...

Shneps

yes, you can but if you want more than 32 slots you have to buy a Tea*Speak licence to still allow Tea*Speak clients to connect to your servers
the second way is to migrate your clients to teaspeak client
about the blacklisting you had allready the risico if your Tea*Speak was a crack version.

About the migration by making snapshots you will lose the icons wich you have to put back this will if I'm not rong the only lose
But you will have some adds that wern't on Tea*Speak look like the TeabotMusic,...
The AAL license you mean? The one mentioned in the following topic?https://forum.teaspeak.de/index.php?threads/how-to-get-teaspeak-to-show-license-aal-license-from-Tea*Speak.702/page-10

Also it seems like there is a high risk getting blacklisted.. and i was refering to whether there is a way to block Tea*Speak from detecting my server like we used to do with Tea*Speak server crack by blocking them on our hosts file.?

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
The AAL license you mean? The one mentioned in the following topic?https://forum.teaspeak.de/index.php?threads/how-to-get-teaspeak-to-show-license-aal-license-from-Tea*Speak.702/page-10

Also, it seems like there is a high risk getting blacklisted.. and I was referring to whether there is a way to block Tea*Speak from detecting my server like we used to do with Tea*Speak server crack by blocking them on our hosts file.?
it does not help to block/blacklist Tea*Speak. because they can still see.

You need to know: Try NOT to give people TS3Server with over 32+ slots. ;)
And it's no longer possible to "fake" the server-version. ;)

I have been blacklisted before, and now I still continue, and I'm not banned from Tea*Speak, because I don't give TS3 out to "people" only to friends.

So if you *want* possible to connect on ts3server with more than 32slots. You need to BUY (as an example) 500 slots or 1024 slots! ;)

Shneps

it does not help to block/blacklist Tea*Speak. because they can still see.

You need to know: Try NOT to give people TS3Server with over 32+ slots. ;)
And it's no longer possible to "fake" the server-version. ;)

I have been blacklisted before, and now I still continue, and I'm not banned from Tea*Speak, because I don't give TS3 out to "people" only to friends.

So if you *want* possible to connect on ts3server with more than 32slots. You need to BUY (as an example) 500 slots or 1024 slots! ;)
Well I don't sell it if that's what you imply, I run my own server but I allow people from the game me and my friends play to log into the server and we usually have more than 32 users online, hence we need more than just 32 slots, else I would've used the free version.

So if I get it right, there's no avoiding being blacklisted? you say Tea*Speak see it anyway, meaning no matter whether someone report it or not, I'll get blacklisted eventually?

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
So if I get it right, there's no avoiding being blacklisted?
Yes, Tea*Speak can always "blacklist" if they getting reports from your friends/community/players!

we usually have more than 32 users online, hence we need more than just 32 slots
If you are using 32slots only (so use Tea*Speak Original Server Software!)
- If you just want to use 32slots via TeaSpeak (you *need* to buy an AAL(Gamerlicense) via Tea*Speak.
- If you just want to use more than 32slots via TeaSpeak (100slots or such) you need *still* to buy a AAL(Gamerlicense) via Tea*Speak.

So you need you did buy AAL(Gamerlicense) from Tea*Speak, you *need* to convert the licensekey.dat (Tea*Speak) to (TeaSpeak's version) before it's work.

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
Hey all.

I currently have a 3.0.13.8 Tea*Speak server.
Can I download the current TeaSpeak server and migrate my Tea*Speak snapshot to TeaSpeak ?
If yes -> can users with 3.2.2+ client use my server?

Also, how do I avoid being blacklisted? any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

as our friends told you already you can migrate all your snapshots to your teaSpeak server without problem

all 3.2.2+ clients can connect to your servers if you funning 32 slot or less.

if you want to host more than 32 slot for those 3.2.2+ clients you need protocol_key.txt modified. ( you need an AAL license converted to protocol_key.txt) or you can simply buy from the sellers on this forum for about 20 25 $ .

and for you last question about blacklist. it depends on how you manage it. eventually you will get greylisted in the end but you can extend this by doing some stuffs.

Tea*Speak stuffs will check servers on reprots ( it means your server will get blacklisted 99% of times because of someone reporting you to Tea*Speak) so if you can country block and limit it to your country in the system firewall that would do the trick .

Bidi

as our friends told you already you can migrate all your snapshots to your teaSpeak server without problem

all 3.2.2+ clients can connect to your servers if you funning 32 slot or less.

if you want to host more than 32 slot for those 3.2.2+ clients you need protocol_key.txt modified. ( you need an AAL license converted to protocol_key.txt) or you can simply buy from the sellers on this forum for about 20 25 $ .

and for you last question about blacklist. it depends on how you manage it. eventually you will get greylisted in the end but you can extend this by doing some stuffs.

Tea*Speak stuffs will check servers on reprots ( it means your server will get blacklisted 99% of times because of someone reporting you to Tea*Speak) so if you can country block and limit it to your country in the system firewall that would do the trick .

Is there a way to do this true iptables ? or sompting instaled on the vps to block the country ? and witch country ? :) to avoid checking server