• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Server with over 100 clients online

lbenicio

Hi folks,

I have 3 servers on the same hosts, 2 of then got around 20-50 people online at max, and the other got constantly over 100 clients connected.

The problem is that the guy that is using the 3rd server (which has over 100 clients connected most of the time) constantly complains that the server goes "offline" and suddenly after a few minutes it goes back online.

The problem is when I check the uptime and the logs, there is nothing saying that the server crashed (it up for about 3 weeks now).

My server has 6gb RAM, and 1 vCPU (all stats seems normal), like CPU usage, goes 50%-80%, ram usage most of the time under 50%.

Any thoughts about how to debug it?

looking forward narrow down the problem, not necessarily a bug.

thank you all!

Saci

Fanatic member
Premium User
I have similar is happening on version of 1.3.11-2. It started the last 3-4 days.
take look

Version 1.3.11-beta optmized try start instance

[2019-03-29 18:38:04] [[1m[7m[0;31mCRITICAL] [1m[7m[0;31m GEN | Failed to execute sql command: 1/constraint failed (/workspace/TeaSpeak-Parent_master-FRUL5U2YEGMIHINML2BZCK6KBI6I4EHNXBFX3JFUSZG2NLVUAXHA@3/TeaSpeak/server/src/DatabaseHelper.cpp:1094)[0m
Fixed in 1.3.12 :) I recommand to use 1.3.13 :) (The crash)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
take look
Nah, You misunderstood something :)

Code:
[2019-03-29 18:38:04] [[1m[7m[0;31mCRITICAL] [1m[7m[0;31m GEN | Failed to execute sql command: 1/constraint failed (/workspace/TeaSpeak-Parent_master-FRUL5U2YEGMIHINML2BZCK6KBI6I4EHNXBFX3JFUSZG2NLVUAXHA@3/TeaSpeak/server/src/DatabaseHelper.cpp:1094)[0m
=> Nothing related with this bug (Only affects data written (or in this case not) to the database :)

The thing posted here is quite interesting :/
@Vafin, @lbenicio Do you use both only one core? As well do you have an exact version? Do you both use the web/native client? Do you both use music bots?

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Nah, You misunderstood something :)

Code:
=> Nothing related with this bug (Only affects data written (or in this case not) to the database :)

The thing posted here is quite interesting :/
@Vafin, @lbenicio Do you use both only one core? As well do you have an exact version? Do you both use the web/native client? Do you both use music bots?
I have an optimized version of the server 1.3.11-2.
VDS = 3 core 2.4 GHz, 1GB RAM.
Used more Tea*Speak 3 client and a little tea client, web client.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh could you may update to 1.3.14? I remember I've changed something in the protocol area, not sure if this does something.

lbenicio

44 packets transmitted, 44 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 212.154/280.039/3140.834/436.268 ms

that 200ms for a voice server it not that bad... no packat loss. the provider is OVH, which is a famous one

not to mention that this only happens to one of the 3 servers hosted on the same machine. the other (which has few ppl connected) does not show the problem

Last edited:

xDyego

So, ask the user who is complaining about ping taking the test, because for my region the ping is still very bad.

lbenicio

the problem is not the ping, or some indisividuals dropping conection or lagging on voice channels, the problem is that every single one on the server is kicked out (just on the server with over 100 ppl) and a few minutes later they are albe to reconnect but the uptime shows that the server did not crashed

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Today I updated to the optimized Assembly 1.3.14. See what happens. But it seems to me that the problem was in my VDS.

lbenicio

So, ask the user who is complaining about ping taking the test, because for my region the ping is still very bad.
as I previously said: "not to mention that this only happens to one of the 3 servers hosted on the same machine. the other (which has few ppl connected) does not show the problem"