• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

ARM support for TeaSpeak's server ?

Grid

Hello everybody,

So I've been playing with nano-computers (such as the Raspberry Pi or the Arduino) for a while now and I was wondering if you guys were thinking about supporting ARM-based devices.

I know TeamSpeak's development team completely refused to port their server builds to ARM, but since you guys completely re-wrote the server logic I thought you might be able to bring it to ARM-based computers.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
thanks for your request.
I could not promise that this will come, but its nothing where I say "no" to.
But I'm quite busy and porting your application to another system is quite hard.

So do not expect an ARM build in short time :)

Grid

Hey,
thanks for your request.
I could not promise that this will come, but its nothing where I say "no" to.
But I'm quite busy and porting your application to another system is quite hard.

So do not expect an ARM build in short time :)
Ok thanks, that's better than TeamSpeak's staff response, even if it doesn't happen !

Kutaro

This is the crash_dump file
Hey,
thanks for the report but since its currently not yet an official build I don't have any symbols to debug that error :)
No Problem. I only thought you could need it later on cause the crash happened on my pi 4 with the aarch64 kernel :)
I reverted back to the kernel wich is supported and was happy about its not crashing.
Anyways thanks for your great work on the raspberry pi development so far.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"aarch64" well thats the issue xD Its an arm32v7 build.
I've used this one because its a wider supported architecture than aarch64.
Specially for stull like RPIs

Kutaro

"aarch64" well thats the issue xD Its an arm32v7 build.
I've used this one because its a wider supported architecture than aarch64.
Specially for stull like RPIs
True. Only Raspberry pi 3 and 4 got this but how I said I reverted back to 32 so no issue there it's very simple to go back :)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yes xD
Well RPI's are perfect to play with kernal stuff like modifying itor even writing his own and using the rpi as a high performance LED display controller :p

Kutaro

Yes xD
Well RPI's are perfect to play with kernal stuff like modifying itor even writing his own and using the rpi as a high performance LED display controller :p
As I said all ready if you need some early Testers for Raspberry Pi I would be totally up for it. We even can talk in German to each other to explain possible issues if there would be some :)

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Thanks for the link again it work very well so far :) never crashed on my pi till yet

Last edited:

razaq

so far i was using qemu to emulate x86 and worked fine and was super stable (easily fast enough for 100 users), but this is very interesting indeed.

@WolverinDEV i know im the only one asking for this every now and then, but could you also compile and upload a newer version for x86 (32 bit)? The currenly newest one is 1.3.24 from sep 2019

Just tested this for a bit and resource usage seems really good. This is with 10 users connected:
1580905388493.png

Last edited: