• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Maybe a solution to DDoS

heartles39

Fanatic member
Hello, I want to report a feature I think. DDoS is the biggest problem today. If Teaspeak gives us such a number when installed on the virtual server, E.G: 1562. Conflicts will not occur if this number changes on each virtual server. Thus, if we can log in with the number given to us by the server over TS3 / TeaClient. The server’s numeric ip address would not be disclosed and I think the Attacks would be reduced if they were a bit.

The best example of this would be Raidcall. :))

@WolverinDEV Maybe this feature can even be for premium.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
The IP address are always acessible via a simple service scan... You can see the connections to what server any software is doing in your computer.

That would add a barrier for a flooding, but yet it could affect the acceptance of the users.

heartles39

Fanatic member
The IP address are always acessible via a simple service scan... You can see the connections to what server any software is doing in your computer.

That would add a barrier for a flooding, but yet it could affect the acceptance of the users.
a simple netstat will gives your ip back to clients. no way to hide ip
At least not every server has DDoS Attack. Most people don't know how to find an ip address :))

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
You literally have it in the TS3 client and on the TeaClient logs... All users have it logged and it doesn't require any previous knowledge to get it.

kingston

Not much to add, besides the fact, that running your public server on an unprotected host will lead to issues sooner or later, no matter how hard you try to avoid it. For that reason, my very first question when I arrived here was: is TeaSpeak protocol compatible with the original one so my OVH Game can still protect me. I wouldn't even try to think of running a successful server without one. And no, there is no other proper solution than dropping the packets before they reach your machine. At least with large scale attacks.

HyperFilter

We're going to prepare our public teaspeak server and we'll add a protection module for TeaSpeak in our network. :)