• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending [arm64] teastart_minimal.sh won't run the TeaSpeakServer file

Grid

Hello everybody !

I'm running a Debian instance and I keep getting an error, which I think might be related to the fact that the said instance is an arm64 one.
When I try to run ./teastart_minimal.sh I get the following errors :
Bash:
./teastart_minimal.sh: line 10: ./TeaSpeakServer: No such file or directoryERROR: ld.so: object './libs/libjemalloc.so.2' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
I know about the second error which happens because libjemalloc.so.2 isn't shipped with the latest ARM build, but the first error about the TeaSpeakServer is the one I don't understand.
My directory does contain a TeaSpeakServer binary tho.

P.S : Of course, I'm using the latest arm32v7_optimized build.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
"arm32v7" is for 32 bit arm machines.
As you pointed out you're using 64 bit which isn't currently supported.

Best regards

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Do they? That's interesting.
Did you tried to directly execute the TeaSpeakServer file?

Grid

Do they? That's interesting.
Did you tried to directly execute the TeaSpeakServer file?
@WolverinDEV after a good ol' chmod +x TeaSpeakServer, running ./TeaSpeakServer results in an error :
Bash:
bash: ./TeaSpeakServer: No such file or directory
This might be happening because the file doesn't have any file extension.

This is what I get when using uname -a, just in case you need it :
Bash:
Linux 4.19.0-14-arm64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30) aarch64 GNU/Linux

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
A quick google search resulted on SO (ofc :D):

So by default arm32 binaries don't run on a aarch64 kernel without extra enabling it.

Grid

A quick google search resulted on SO (ofc :D):

So by default arm32 binaries don't run on a aarch64 kernel without extra enabling it.
@WolverinDEV my bad I'm so sorry, I'm pretty much sure I found another topic on SO which never mentioned an extra option to enable.
I'm going to try what the solution says in the SO topic you sent, I'll keep you posted.

Edit : it seems that I need to completely recompile a new custom-made Debian kernel if I want my instance to support TeaSpeak, which is a bit extreme imho. Would you accept to compile TeaSpeak Server in a way which will make it run on arm64/aarch64 instances ?
I don't really know how much work it would involve, so if it's too hard to do, just forget about my request.

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Edit : it seems that I need to completely recompile a new custom-made Debian kernel if I want my instance to support TeaSpeak, which is a bit extreme imho. Would you accept to compile TeaSpeak Server in a way which will make it run on arm64/aarch64 instances ?
I don't really know how much work it would involve, so if it's too hard to do, just forget about my request.
It took me several days for doing arm32 :D
I estimate something around one or two days for arm64 as well.
I don't really think that I'll do this soon. But may if you annoy me enough (in a positive way!) I'll do it.