• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Ugly Client

Hackuou

The client is really ugly compared to Tea*Speak and I can't use Tea*Speak because of the new license check BS, also add plugin support like Tea*Speak, which works with Tea*Speak plugins?

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Until recently, the Tea client was given little attention in terms of usability, but I think soon the situation will change for the better.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I like teaclient, but my friends do not like it at all... :(
They say Tea*Speak client use less ram / cpu, so it is more gamer friendly..
Lets wait and see if it will be better :p

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I like teaclient, but my friend do not like it at all... :(
They say Tea*Speak client use less ram / cpu, so it is more gamer friendly..
Lets wait and see if it will be better :p
Ram: yes (well it's electron which will may never change)
CPU: No, since the last version the server connection is native and don't affect the cpu at all. Ofc on servers with a lot of clients channels and specially activity the cpu usage might increase due to the UI updates :)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well I may should consider to paint the channel tree as well the permission editor via WebGL.
This would be the much better, but it will reduce the possibilities to style that thing :/

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Well I may should consider to paint the channel tree as well the permission editor via WebGL.
This would be the much better, but it will reduce the possibilities to style that thing :/
I think it's enough to revise CSS. WebGL is likely to consume more system resources.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm? Well not that sure. Generally this improves a lot, depends on the implementation ofc.
I'll may give it a try :)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, but a native implementation needs a lot of maintenance as well it would be another new UI which differs from the already known web client once.
The goal in general is to sync the WebUI and the native client UI to improve the user experience :)

Vafin

TeaFanatic
In the latest client updates I noticed that you have started to apply Canvas technology. I was disappointed because it didn't work well enough, the small performance and the blurry font didn't give the desired result. In my opinion it is better to leave pure CSS.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
In the latest client updates I noticed that you have started to apply Canvas technology. I was disappointed because it didn't work well enough, the small performance and the blurry font didn't give the desired result. In my opinion it is better to leave pure CSS.
Hey,
it gave exactly the effect which was wanted.
I know it might looks a bit odd, but it improved the performance a lot.
Because images: If I would not render the permission via a canvas each permission would have at least 4 DOM elements (It were about 6 in total due to design needs). We're having about 300 up to 350 permissions which mean 350 * 6 = 2100 DOM elements, which have to be updated each time you scroll, or click anywhere. This is an incredible performance bottleneck.

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Hey,
it gave exactly the effect which was wanted.
I know it might looks a bit odd, but it improved the performance a lot.
Because images: If I would not render the permission via a canvas each permission would have at least 4 DOM elements (It were about 6 in total due to design needs). We're having about 300 up to 350 permissions which mean 350 * 6 = 2100 DOM elements, which have to be updated each time you scroll, or click anywhere. This is an incredible performance bottleneck.
Very poor responsiveness to window size change. http://recordit.co/tF4Wai2af3

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yes its because I forgot to add a resize listener, so I don't repaint it :)
Will be fixed soonly

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Yes its because I forgot to add a resize listener, so I don't repaint it :)
Will be fixed soonly
Okay, thanks. Please also make a horizontal scroll for the resolution editor or reduce the font size as everything does not fit into the width of the modal window.

Take the example of YaTQa. It uses a smaller font and everything fits in a small window.

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yes I'll do that. Actually that the font is such bis is because the rows are so high (the font depends on the row hight).
And the "bit to big" size is because I'm using a 4k screen xD So sometimes I design stuff too large :D

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Yes I'll do that. Actually that the font is such bis is because the rows are so high (the font depends on the row hight).
And the "bit to big" size is because I'm using a 4k screen xD So sometimes I design stuff too large :D
Still would on 4K not fit :cool: