• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Voice freeze on 70+ users on channel

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well yesthat was hust an example.
In general you'll not need that much parallel execution because there isn't that many todo.
As well your processor only supports 8 Threads at the time, so having way more than this just spends time on context switches.
So I think that if 10 threads are execuing and executing the IO it should be enough.
If not I'm quite supprised :D

The reload config works only for the values where the reload note is present :)
It does (currently) not work for the thread settings.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Well, since i'm using a 1.4.1 settings file, there is not reload notes in anything... That's why I'm asking.

What else could I do to reduce this issued? It's not a networking issues anymore since TeaSpeak goes to 100% cpu usage while doing those lag spikes. Is there a way I can make a dump of what it is doing and send to you analyze?

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

So I think that if 10 threads are execuing and executing the IO it should be enough.
If not I'm quite supprised :D
People told me and I personally have seen that after the changes, it's clearly better. But even then one in every few minutes the issue still happens...

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well, since i'm using a 1.4.1 settings file, there is not reload notes in anything... That's why I'm asking.

What else could I do to reduce this issued? It's not a networking issues anymore since TeaSpeak goes to 100% cpu usage while doing those lag spikes. Is there a way I can make a dump of what it is doing and send to you analyze?
Well not really.
It's just a shitload of data to progress where TeaSpeak gets on his limits.
Another lag cause could be massive client connections because they're still quite "heavy" to progress, but its already on my task list.

I'm also thinking of creating a new branch where I'm aiming to optimize voice performance.
Never thought that TeaSpeak server will hold more than a thousand people :D

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Here is the currently log file, the spike started occurring 13:54~... I've disabled the trace log because I was consuming 12 log files of 50mb each in like 20hours. And afterall, it could still be a point of bottleneck aswell.

Attachments

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yeahr you dont need trace at all in production.
Its as you said even a bottleneck.

Just out of curiosity: Whats your avarage server bandwidth?

Code:
 [[FILTEREDIP]:63534/serveradmin1 | 62] Got "dead" client in visible client list! This can cause a remote client disconnect within the future!
Thats quite interesting :D
Well this error is ignoreable because its the server admin query, but I dont know why this happened at all :D

Last edited:

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
I was following up for couple of days but forgot to write it down... So I cant really tell you about the TS specific usage, since I've got other stuff running together (low cpu usage etc).
But right now you can see how it is going:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Grr at the second glimse I saw my mistake :D
TS uses UDP not TCP. Well nvm. I'm just supprised why the server would block on send.

That could also be the cause for sometimes "laggy" voice.
Because these packets which failed to write get dropped.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Well, seems like I've got my hands tied... What can I do to debug further? Is there a way to profile so you can see where the CPU time is going down?

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Grr at the second glimse I saw my mistake :D
TS uses UDP not TCP. Well nvm. I'm just supprised why the server would block on send.

That could also be the cause for sometimes "laggy" voice.
Because these packets which failed to write get dropped.
I'm glad that bugs are detected :) but it's great that the audience helps to find and you notice them :)

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
I decided to make a upgrade from VPS to a dedicated machine. Let's see if it makes a difference. If I can stabilize with a dedicated machine, then something inside TeaSpeak it bottlenecking the machine. I'm pretty sure that standard Tea*Speak servers have better optimizations than TeaSpeak... Which should be able to handle this medium-sized service I'm hosting. But the support of all client versions + some permissions you've got here wins, that's why I stick. I'm even considering getting premium here, but theese bad optimizations (looks like it is, can't say for sure. Also, dont take it as a bad critic) makes me have second thoughts :/

Switched to the dedicated, with a i7 6700k 32gb ram, voices still lags even though the CPU usage at maximum 20% on spikes.

@WolverinDEV alright then, third post because new replies don't BUMP the thread.

If I switch to a earlier version (1.3.26) for example, should it break the database? All the new permission from there will be deleted or still be there whenever I re-upgrade?

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Update to 1.4.8-beta11. There a a lot of (specially voice) improvements.
As well set execute_limit to 5 or 4 and io_limit to 4 or 5 as well. Also decrease io_per_server to 4 as well or may even less :)

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
I've purchased a new dedicated this week and today I've migrated everything to the new dedicated (ubuntu, btw, just to try out as fast as possible th new version). I've got 300-400~ users on TeaSpeak right now, but i'm migrating some instances into TeaSpeak just to try it out.

What's the more straightfoward and stable way to export an instance in Tea*Speak and then re-import it at TeaSpeak?

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
I've purchased a new dedicated this week and today I've migrated everything to the new dedicated (ubuntu, btw, just to try out as fast as possible th new version). I've got 300-400~ users on TeaSpeak right now, but i'm migrating some instances into TeaSpeak just to try it out.

What's the more straightfoward and stable way to export an instance in Tea*Speak and then re-import it at TeaSpeak?
you have to create snapshot for each server and transfer it to new server
by snapshot icons wont be transfered so if you want icons to transfer as well you have to use create file backup in yatqa and then use restore file backup on new server

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Sadly yes, but I might build an migration tool from the TS3 database to a TeaDatabase