• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Clients cant disconnect or change channel

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
I'm experiencing issues that clients can't disconnect of change channel. Looks like it has been disconnected because it also cant hear other people in their channels.

This bug, the other voice freezing and lack of support even if I try to help giving information is making me consider leaving TeaSpeak and going back to Tea*Speak.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
It's better if you provide us "reproduce" so dev can check on that... ;) but you need to know. dev is very "busy" atm =)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"lack of support"? Well I'm not sure what you mean I invest a huge amount of time, giving support^^

" clients can't disconnect of change channel"
What are you tryign to explain?
I've no clue...

"cant hear other people in their channels"
"It's better if you provide us "reproduce", as well which TeaSpeak server version?
As well which client and which client version?

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
"lack of support"? Well I'm not sure what you mean I invest a huge amount of time, giving support^^
I'm not judging you or your free time... It's just a point to say. As a developer (like you), I've already started and developed applications alone that take out every free time we have and even then it is not enough. So it's hard to give support and test everything and then continue offering good LTS for every release... Support isn't only just saying "i'll take a look" and then just leave as it is (not saying you are doing that, but i've been posting real issues for the last two months and all of them had the same kind of reply with a total of 0 updates/fixes in-between that. I know it takes your time and your time is not cheap, so no criticism, just a statement).

" clients can't disconnect of change channel"
What are you tryign to explain?
I've no clue...

"cant hear other people in their channels"
"It's better if you provide us "reproduce", as well which TeaSpeak server version?
As well which client and which client version?
I really tryied to reproduce, but couldn't find a reprodutible way to do that. After I restarted the instance it fixed. The instance was running for 4 days straight without restarting with 21 instances with up to 1900 users. I had clients of all the 21 instances claiming the same issue. I can send you the same videos they sent me and also the same screen shots, but I couldn't really understand what were happening and I think that you might think the same.

I'm almost there converting all my TeaSpeak instances to a Tea*Speak server... After I convert everything I can send you the DB/log files so you can try to reproduce and fix on your end.

Server version: 1.4.4b
Client Version: Tea*Speak 3.0.18 - 3.3.0

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"0 updates/fixes in-between" Ahh well I know what you mean.
But as said (I think in your other thread) I'm currently unable to build any server versions this is why there are currently no updates :/

You've tried version 1.3.26-beta2? This is a"stable" version. Even though its not build as stable but it is.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
I tryied using the same DB from 1.4.4 in 1.3.26-beta2 but it requires db version 10. I've decided to make then a snapshot and reimport... Then I found out that YaTQA cant do snapshots from TeaServers... So I built a python script to dump every important setting from a instance (21x) and then another python script to import from that dump into a target virtual server... Clearing out any TeaSpeak permissions.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"I tryied using the same DB from 1.4.4 in 1.3.26-beta2 but it requires db version 10" as far as I know the DB should be compatible.
Only the config version needs to be decreased and the IPv6 addresses need to be removed.

But yet a need small python script works as well :)

Whats the YatQa error?
In general YatQa works (but yes "general" is the key point here :))

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
"I tryied using the same DB from 1.4.4 in 1.3.26-beta2 but it requires db version 10" as far as I know the DB should be compatible.
Only the config version needs to be decreased and the IPv6 addresses need to be removed.

But yet a need small python script works as well :)
I confirm that when rolling back the version, it is enough to edit the configuration file, namely the work with IPv6 and everything will work. I was doing a version rollback :cool:
I confirm that version 1.3.26-1 is stable. My server 45 days works stably, without problems (1 instance, 6 virtual servers, online 500 in prime-time), also I have 2 instances on the most recent optimized version, 1.4.4-1, too everything works stably, but online on these servers at most 200 clients (three virtual servers on everyone instances).

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I think 1.4.8-beta9 is pretty stable. As well this issue is probably fixed.
So I'll close this here now :)

As well 1.4.8-beta9 has some segnificat performance improvements, so I would be amazed if may somebody could show some kind of CPU comparison when using TeaSpeak with 1.9k users :p

Last edited: