• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Setting off / hide server ip address

heartles39

Fanatic member
Hello

DDoS attacks are a big problem for Tea(m)speak. Can something like hiding server ip address be brought to Teaspeak? There may also be a setting to change the server location via the Teaspeak client. As in Discord

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Everybody can have access to your server ip just by connecting the server.
No way to hide it.

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
no way to hide your server IP. the fact is client will in the end connecting to your IP . any network reader of any kind even the normal netstat can show your server ip

heartles39

Fanatic member
Understood. So is it possible to fix user pings? For example, I want users from Europe to see a value between 0-30 when they look at their pings.

heartles39

Fanatic member
I have a question in my head. There are 2 different ports installed on the same IP address (9237 and 9238) Ping values are as follows.

IP : 1.1.1.1:9237(71ms)
IP : 1.1.1.1:9238(63ms)

The same server, the same ip address, why are pings different?

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
these pings are total server average ping.
users have different ping times so average would be different for each server

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
that ping is your average ping
you may see lower ping in one server and you may see a little higher value on another server because its average ping and not actual one

alisb

that ping is your average ping
you may see lower ping in one server and you may see a little higher value on another server because its average ping and not actual one
How i can hide my teaspeak ip when other people ping my domain ?

like :
Ping request could not find host abcde.com. Please check the name and try again.
or