• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Will this still work with the new system Tea*Speak is doing?

jack_daniels552

I got this from Tea*Speak
Greetings ATHP,

This message is to inform you of upcoming changes and improvements to Tea*Speak's licensing and accounting systems which will allow us to more effectively mitigate piracy and illegitimate host providers. Below are some key updates with more details to follow in the coming months.

New Accounting server protocol and destination
Tea*Speak Server 3.1, currently scheduled for beta release in mid-September 2017, will communicate with a new accounting server over a new protocol using HTTPS. The new accounting server will be available under a different domain name so will require changes to your firewall rules.

HTTP Proxy support
As an new optional feature, the new accounting server will now work with a HTTP proxy. Tea*Speak servers will be able to contact the new accounting server over a HTTP proxy that could run on a different machine. If this is done, the proxy machine will need to contact the accounting server, and the ts3server will only need to be able to contact the HTTP proxy. Note that the HTTP proxy implementation currently does not allow authentication so the ts3server will not be able supply a username/password to the HTTP proxy.

New Licenses
With the new accounting server, we have also be updating your license keys. The new license will be similar to the current license but will now contain additional information. All licenses that are valid prior to the release of Tea*Speak Server 3.1 will be replaced with a new license format. The update process should be seamless to you as Tea*Speak servers will download the replacement license automatically.

Clients will eventually no longer support pre-3.1 servers
Following the release of Tea*Speak Server 3.1, we plan to modify the Tea*Speak 3 clients such that they will no longer be able to connect to older version servers. We will provide sufficient time for host providers to make the necessary updates.

We strongly suggest all ATHPs download and test the beta release of Tea*Speak 3 Server 3.1 when it is announced and available. Public release is currently scheduled for 2 to 3 weeks following the beta announcement.

Thank you,
Tea*Speak

Does this mess things up with TeaSpeak?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
TeaSpeak currently not supports TeaSpeak 3.1, but will in near future.
But im not sure how far i could get, cause by the fact that Tea*Speak may checks the slots.
But as you should already know, im working on a own WebClient, and i think when i released, the 3.1 protocol dosnt matters anymore

essem

Hey,
TeaSpeak currently not supports TeaSpeak 3.1, but will in near future.
But im not sure how far i could get, cause by the fact that Tea*Speak may checks the slots.
But as you should already know, im working on a own WebClient, and i think when i released, the 3.1 protocol dosnt matters anymore
i use TeaSpeak with Tea*Speak 3.1.8 and 3.0.* - 3.1.8 works with Teamspeakserver 3.1.1 (beta)

jack_daniels552

it is old news but Tea*Speak server v3.1 just came out so now the client might not work with teaspeak thats why i was asking if it would still work because the Tea*Speak client is being changed.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well TeaSpeak is working with clients up to 3.1.8.
I cant see into the future, but i think that TeaSpeak will suport newer clients too, but we would see :)

TecWar

When the server has no license there is no license checking, right?
If you have only one server, yea. There is no license checking. but if you have more than one server with 32 slots and no license there is license checking but the blacklist rate is very low. (I think :D)

h1web

So to bundle this all up.

When i buy a TeaSpeak Premium License and a brand new VPS (with no License), am i able to create more than 1 virtual (32 slots) server?
Are Clients able to connect with the original Tea*Speak Client (3.3.0+) or do we need a third-party plugin?
What if the legal questions are going negative - what if positive?

Positive = no client plugins required
Negative = only more slots/virtual servers with third party client plugins?

h1web

Even after the legal-law-problems, there needs to be a 3rd-Party-Plugin on the Original Client?