• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

1.5.0 - Crash collection

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I'm looking forward to see a new build. if you need testing let me know :)
It seems 1.5.0-beta-8 is working normally

In version 1.5 .0-beta-8, yatqa loses its connection after 2-3 minutes and hangs.
In version 1.5 .0-beta-8, yatqa loses its connection after 2-3 minutes and hangs.
I guess it's more like 5 minutes, but makes sense (I'll look at this)

Kutaro

@WolverinDEV
arm32v7_optimized/Teaspeak-1.5.0-beta-3 releated
i finally sorted out why Raspbian would not get ffmpeg execute the right way. The repo's would not give me the 4.2.1 release so i manuelly upgraded it. got the 4.2.1 release from https://github.com/vot/ffbinaries-prebuilt/releases and copied it into /usr/bin and made it executeable
Also i sorted out that the beta 3 arm release needed the libjemalloc.so.2 so i copied them in and it was good to go.

1612635588594.png

Greetings

Last edited:

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I will leave a small review about version 1.5.0 beta-12, but I will also be grateful if and other users leave their feedback, and, if possible, provide crash dumps with a good description of their problem.

For me personally, this version works stably, there was only one drop on the 9-10 day of work.
A few days ago, I started the second stage of testing, which I plan to complete on March 4-5.

BTW, according to the results of the tests, the RAM consumption has become much less, so to speak, more balanced, but the CPU consumption sometimes raises questions (in the I/O processes there are sharp jumps, especially noticeable at low loads), and on high-loaded instances, this is almost not noticeable.

I suggest considering optimizing I / O, especially for small instances (for example, when there are multiple virtual servers and there are about 100-150 connected clients). I also suggest considering a problem with a high CPU load, namely in cases where a large number of virtual servers are created, but empty, with almost no connected clients (someone wrote about this on the forum).

P.S:. @WolverinDEV I hope that in version 1.5.1, which will be released soon, nothing will break. ;):D

Last edited:

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Unfortunately this version is not "stable" (at least for me) :(
Crashes still happening after some time or some actions (already sent crash dumps, logs and notes to wolverindev).

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
HAHA Well we'll se about the 1.5.1 versions but I hope so as well.
About the whole crash thing. Yeahr I'm really looking forward to eliminate these.

Related to the IO, I'm not really sure what could cause this.
I think it might just be the database (sqlite) which sometimes uses IO, else only the file transfer does.

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
HAHA Well we'll se about the 1.5.1 versions but I hope so as well.
About the whole crash thing. Yeahr I'm really looking forward to eliminate these.

Related to the IO, I'm not really sure what could cause this.
I think it might just be the database (sqlite) which sometimes uses IO, else only the file transfer does.
Yes, it is possible. I'm currently testing the database and file transfer, but I don't see any sudden drastic load.

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
@REDOSS 20 minutes ago server crashed and not stable version
As I said earlier, enable the trace logs and if a crash occurs, provide the crash dump and these logs in private messages to @WolverinDEV or me, but in any case, the crash dump will be considered by @WolverinDEV

Also, you can help very much, if follow the above steps from this post (this will give direction in finding the cause)