• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending [bug report] servercreate with max clients return unknown as private key

lbenicio

If you create a server through sever query and pass virtualserver_maxclients=50 you get a unknown server key

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 23.08.51.png

$ cat buildVersion.txt
# Version: 1.4.14-beta-2
# TeaSpeak version: 1.4.14-beta
# Build version: 2

{"build_name": "1.4.14-beta-2", "build_version": "1.4.14-beta", "build_index": 2}

lbenicio

i just checked it is not pulling the server template permissions (for servergroups). all servergroups come empty permissions.

i enabled the permissions to view and edit template groups and all permissions were there, they just aren't being copied to new servers.

xDyego

That's what I just noticed, the standard model comes with the groups all temporary and without privileges, all of them with nothing, wow I had configured everything.

lbenicio

i just discovered that if you enabled these permissions to the default master admin group and then disable, the permissions start to work back again:

b_virtualserver_change_template
b_serverinstance_modify_templates

1. i activate both of then to sgid=3
2. try to see what was going on and noticed the permissions were there
3. create a new server and the permissions came all ok

not 100% sure, im still digging...

xDyego

I went back to version 1.4.14

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

In the morning @WolverinDEV should fix this.

Last edited:

lbenicio

so far so good on 1.4.14? No bugs?
Here it is1AM, maybe I will wait a update tomorrow instead of a rollback....

Did you find any trouble on rollback? Any servers issues?

xDyego

Version 1.4.14 seems normal to me. The script always saves databases from previous versions.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
it works fine with YatQA :)

Edit: I did the test on telnet/console and work fine here. (Version: 1.14.4-beta2)
Edit2: Ok seems it broken after, creating (2nd virtual-server - Used telnet) [That needs to be fixed!]
Edit3: yatqa works fine with creating virtual-server & copying SA key.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Thats a really interesting bug. Especially if you say its working in 1.4.14 but not in beta2^^
I don't remember to changed something in relation with tokens at all but nvm I'll have a look there.

To the original post:
Is the missing token due to the second server or due to the parameters?
Could you try to create a second server just with "servercreate".

PS: I love the fact that you used Telnet and not YatQA which makes the issue easier to debug ;) (PS: Nothing against YatQA but sometimes its buggy :p)

lbenicio

Thats a really interesting bug. Especially if you say its working in 1.4.14 but not in beta2^^
I don't remember to changed something in relation with tokens at all but nvm I'll have a look there.

To the original post:
Is the missing token due to the second server or due to the parameters?
Could you try to create a second server just with "servercreate".

PS: I love the fact that you used Telnet and not YatQA which makes the issue easier to debug ;) (PS: Nothing against YatQA but sometimes its buggy :p)

hi! yeah, i dont like GUIs, im more a CLI guy hahaha

about the params/server instances i really dont know. i thoguht it was theparameters, but could be a second server.

i just tryed to repliace again and sometimes it work, sometimes it did not.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 11.06.35.png

im not quite sure about the tokens and server/parameters... i tryed to create a few more instances with and without parameters. now it was hard to replicate the error. i just managed to replicate on second server creation... here is another screenshot

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 11.12.19.png

here is the code transcription:

error id=0 msg=ok
serverlist
virtualserver_id=6 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4786 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=0 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=0 virtualserver_maxclients=100 virtualserver_uptime=42411 virtualserver_name=leoteste\s-\s[66\/0+1] virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier
error id=0 msg=ok
servercreate
sid=35 error virtualserver_port=4787 token=unknown time_create=29 time_start=1 time_global=31 time_wait=0
error id=0 msg=ok
servercreate
sid=36 error virtualserver_port=4788 token=NIkDiV2r6U6ZhrwPEKaG time_create=181 time_start=4 time_global=186 time_wait=0
error id=0 msg=ok
serverlist
virtualserver_id=6 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4786 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=0 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=0 virtualserver_maxclients=100 virtualserver_uptime=42420 virtualserver_name=leoteste\s-\s[66\/0+1] virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier| virtualserver_id=35 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4787 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=1 virtualserver_maxclients=120 virtualserver_uptime=5 virtualserver_name=Another\sTeaSpeak\sserver\ssoftware\suser virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier| virtualserver_id=36 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4788 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=1 virtualserver_maxclients=120 virtualserver_uptime=1 virtualserver_name=Another\sTeaSpeak\sserver\ssoftware\suser virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier
error id=0 msg=ok
servercreate virtualserver_maxclients=50
sid=37 error virtualserver_port=4789 token=ghJSSTRi3jVT3WwwPB4o time_create=200 time_start=2 time_global=203 time_wait=0
error id=0 msg=ok
servercreate virtualserver_maxclients=50
sid=38 error virtualserver_port=4790 token=3E2LzOVrWz4pLIUYqx0W time_create=140 time_start=2 time_global=142 time_wait=0
error id=0 msg=ok
servercreate
sid=39 error virtualserver_port=4791 token=yqtTlz3pp1jdtXZFu5rJ time_create=133 time_start=2 time_global=136 time_wait=0
error id=0 msg=ok
servercreate
sid=40 error virtualserver_port=4792 token=IJ7jb2YMy9TBHgNjG3cR time_create=75 time_start=2 time_global=77 time_wait=0
error id=0 msg=ok
serverlist
virtualserver_id=6 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4786 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=0 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=0 virtualserver_maxclients=100 virtualserver_uptime=42433 virtualserver_name=leoteste\s-\s[66\/0+1] virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier| virtualserver_id=35 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4787 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=1 virtualserver_maxclients=120 virtualserver_uptime=18 virtualserver_name=Another\sTeaSpeak\sserver\ssoftware\suser virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier| virtualserver_id=36 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4788 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=1 virtualserver_maxclients=120 virtualserver_uptime=14 virtualserver_name=Another\sTeaSpeak\sserver\ssoftware\suser virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier| virtualserver_id=37 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4789 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=1 virtualserver_maxclients=50 virtualserver_uptime=7 virtualserver_name=Another\sTeaSpeak\sserver\ssoftware\suser virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier| virtualserver_id=38 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4790 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=1 virtualserver_maxclients=50 virtualserver_uptime=6 virtualserver_name=Another\sTeaSpeak\sserver\ssoftware\suser virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier| virtualserver_id=39 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4791 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=1 virtualserver_maxclients=120 virtualserver_uptime=3 virtualserver_name=Another\sTeaSpeak\sserver\ssoftware\suser virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier| virtualserver_id=40 virtualserver_host=0.0.0.0,:: virtualserver_port=4792 virtualserver_web_host=0.0.0.0,[::] virtualserver_web_port=0 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 virtualserver_queryclientsonline=1 virtualserver_maxclients=120 virtualserver_uptime=1 virtualserver_name=Another\sTeaSpeak\sserver\ssoftware\suser virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id virtualserver_unique_identifier
error id=0 msg=ok
edit: wrong screenshot

Attachments

xDyego

I tested it in version 1.4.14 and it also shows the same bug in it, it really has this error in version 1.4.14 too

I just tested in version 1.4.13.beta4 and there is no such bug in it.

I do not know what is happening, it is giving this same error in all previous databases, even those that did not have this error.

I did repeated tests and until version 1.4.12-beta-4 I didn't find the error "unknown", but this error appears in versions starting with version 1.4.13.
Token: "unknown"

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well I'm currently on it and what happens if that for some reason no token is generated at all (that's why I return unknown).
There must be an error within the console I guess. Could somebody send me their log?

xDyego

I detected how the error appears:
1) This occurs in any version higher than version 1.4.13;
2) The error occurs after deleting the last created server and only if the last created server is deleted;
3) After deleting the last server created, the next server that is created will come with an error in the key and in all "unknown" Tags;
4) If any server other than the last created is deleted, the error will not appear;
5) The error only appears on the next server created after deleting the last server created, for example, if I create another server after the server that came with an error, the new server will no longer have the error;
6) I can delete any server, except the last server created, if I delete another server other than the last one created, no error will happen;

I am now sending all logs by private message to @WolverinDEV

There, I sent all the logs / crash by private message to @WolverinDEV

Last edited: