• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Bug Whisper??

xDyego

I don't know if it's a bug, but if someone is on Channel A and I am on Channel B and I can't see that person on Channel A, besides not being able to see the person, I also can't hear the whisper she sent to Channel B, only that you will be able to hear the whisper of the person from Channel A to Channel B are the members who can see him.
Is it possible to fix this?

Version: 1.4.14-beta15

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
What does imply "not visible"?
It the channel just not subscribed, or is the channel invisiable?

xDyego

i_channel_needed_subscribe_power

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I don't remember that before, but I used a very old version.

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Does the target receives a whisper notification at all?
If not you may set your whisper target wrongly.

In general the server has no such "view" restriction.

xDyego

Yes the target receives the whisper notification, but the audio does not arrive, it can only hear if the target customer is seeing the customer who sends the whisper.
This can be easy to test, just create two records put one on Channel A with subscription 75 and another on Channel B a client without being able to see the client from Channel A. The client from Channel B will receive the whisper notification, but the audio comes nothing.

I just tested it, the notification doesn't arrive either, but if the customer enters the same channel and sees the customer sending the whisper, he can hear the whisper.

So if he now leaves channel A and goes back to channel B, stop seeing the customer, he can now hear the whisper, even without seeing him.

Now, if I disconnect from the server and go back to channel B without seeing the client on channel A, I stop listening to the client's whisper on channel A.

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I guess it's more likely a miss configured whisper target (like you configured the target to be the currently channel only).
But I'll have a look.

Update: Client whisper from invisible clients works well for me.

Last edited:

xDyego

No, I did it in two ways, whispered to be sent to channel B and created a whisper to customer B. In both directions, you can only hear the whisper if customer B can see customer A, but if customer B go to channel A then he hears the whisper and then goes back to channel B, he continues to hear the whisper.
If client B goes to channel A and goes back to channel B if client A did not send a whisper when client B was watching, he still hasn't heard the whisper.

I am trying to login to TeaClient, but this error appears: "Handshake intention unsupported" and I am unable to enter the server.

Last edited:

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
@REDOSS Could you please test this as well?
I'm unable to reproduce the issue as described above...
Unfortunately, I'm not at home right now, so I can't check. I won't be back until next week. If I understand it correctly, whisper works, but after switching the channel, it breaks. I think there is a problem with the subscription, if there is a problem.

@xDyego could you create a video clip showing this problem, this will make it easier to find the problem. You can send a video clip via private messages.

xDyego

I would even try, but when I went to test, I am not able to access my server through TeaClient, I am only using Ts3Client, an error is occurring:
"Handshake intent not supported"
I searched here on the forum, but it doesn't bring any results about this error.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
> Handshake intent not supported
Which authentication method do you use in your TeaClient?

xDyego

I didn't understand what that means, I tried to log in via Web Client or Tea Client and the same error appears:

How so authentication method?

Last edited:

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Please, if possible, send me the address of your test server in private messages.

xDyego

On your server, I can log in normally with TeaClient, but on mine I cannot, as this error occurs:

Our @REDOSS, you are magical, all you had to do was log in to my test server and now I am able to log in to all servers without error with TeaClient.

Last edited:

xDyego

I don't know if it's an error, only the server can log in without a unique ID, mine gave an error. This error occurred because my "TEST" identity was missing a unique ID.
erro.png

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh yes, if you're having for some reason no unique ID the server will deny the request.
You've somehow authenticate yourself :D

xDyego

I just tested in the latest version 1.4.18-5beta and this bug reported here remains the same, if the user who receives the whisper does not see the user who is sending the whisper, he will not be able to hear it. @WolverinDEV