• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Can't set bigger and smaller permission values

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Hi, within a new set up server at 1.4.10 b3 I'm not able to set some permission on the groups.

Example:
-I want a group called "Muted" which when added the user can't speak at all. It used to work by setting i_client_talk_power to -1 and then checking ignore on the checks of the group. Now, I'm not able to set the value -1. So I sent:
long servergroupaddperm with other parameters, including i_client_talk_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=0

-Other group, I'd like to keep all the way up in the channel users, so I set a high value as the i_client_talk_power (999). I use this personally for the music bots, so they are always on top. So I sent:
long servergroupaddperm with other parameters, including i_client_talk_power permvalue=999 permskip=0 permnegated=0

-Other permission: i_channel_create_modify_with_temp_delete_delay -> cant set 86400
long servergroupaddperm with other parameters, including i_channel_create_modify_with_temp_delete_delay permvalue=86400 permskip=0 permnegated=0

This is what shows me when I manually change in YaTQA

Please note that all of this permissions were working as of 1.4.8...

Edit:

Basically after some research... It's not really a bug. But it is related to a bug how templates were set up.

I've split the my servergroupaddperm into several commands and found out which permission were bugging... There were those two permissions in the three situations:

i_channel_create_modify_with_temp_delete_delay.
About 999/-1 talk power (which should be possible but now because of the grant power limited to 100 you can't anymore (I tryied to override but wasn't possible...).
https://i.imgur.com/9as3efD.png

My best guess is that after @WolverinDEV fix of ''grant'' column being correctly loaded, some permissions havent been double checked for bigger values other than 100. That's what happened with i_channel_create_modify_with_temp_delete_delay. By default the grant is set to 100, so you cant create temporary channels with bigger delays. It should be able to add bigger values.

How do I increase the grant power even from serveradmin query? Can't find how...

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Quick answer:
In general you're only allowed to set the permission value up to your granted value.
Some permissions have an exception, line the i_icon_id, etc.
It seems like I missed the "i_channel_create_modify_with_temp_delete_delay" permission.
That will be fixed soon :)

The reason why it worked in earlier versions is simple: It was a bug!

The admin server query should have the ignore granted power. So you should be able to set the permission value, and grant value as well, to everything you want :)

Quick note:
The value "-1" means in many cases "unlimited". This is basically the highest possible value.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
That's the point... I had a wrong impression, but then I found out it was because of the granted value. How can I set ignore granted power? By default it doesn't seem to be set...

About -1... Is there any other case? Also, cant set -1 to talk_power aswell...

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

@WolverinDEV please take a look in the other threads (the log one)

As you can see on the screen shots, i've already got b_permission_modify_power_ignore set... Is it other permission?

@WolverinDEV is there a way to set the "ignore grant"? Or is it bugged? I'm unable to deploy new instances since I wont be able to have full power of it while generating groups/channels with the bot...

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Okey first of all I've now added the permissions "b_channel_create_with_needed_talk_power" and "i_client_talk_power" to the ignore grant list.

I've also looked up the "b_permission_modify_power_ignore" permissions and the checks are as follows:
If the permission requires the granted value (every permission except some special cases like the talk power) than the server looks up the clients given granted power on permission "i_permission_modify_power". If the client hasn't enough grant power for that permission "i_permission_modify_power" will be returned.
In the second step the general permission modify power will be compared with the new permission value and if this doesn't match an error for permission "i_permission_modify_power" will be returned.

May the first check should be made avoidable somehow as well.
But I'm not sure what effects it would have when the "b_permission_modify_power_ignore" just enables full access to every permission & permission value everywhere...

The basic permission thing should be fixed in 1.4.10-beta4 (talk_power and so on)

Last edited:

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Thanks @WolverinDEV
I'll upgrade as soon as possible and let you know if this is what were happening :)

For serveradmin, shouldn't that ID has full access everywhere? Because if the user is logged in as "root" it should be able to do whatever he pleases... Or does people give out serveradmin to other users who shouldn't be able to fu*k around?

Also did you manage to fix the other thread https://forum.teaspeak.de/index.php?threads/teaspeak-has-different-behaviour-on-logview.2514/ "error"? I've submitted a few replies but the merged double post dont bump up the thread when I insert new informations...