• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Command not found for valid Query Commands

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Hey,

Sometimes (actually random), valid query commands get's an answer as 'command not found'. I can't reproduce it clearly, but I think it deserves to be here in a Bug Report.

For example, I've got a querybot who sends a keepalive 'whoami' every 5 minutes, to prevent disconnection. In one of those times, it returned 'error id=256 msg=command not found, which in turn is not what's expected'.

I've also experienced this with couple others commands, like clientpoke, clientmove, clientkick, sendtextmessage, channeledit

For this specific command, this isthe logs (2020-05-01 01:47:31 was the response with error):

And when I was looking for the logs, I've found in another time aswell in other querybot instance, but with the command channeledit, still giving out the same command not found error message (2020-05-01 00:29:31 was the response with error):

This happens time to time, IDK if this is known but should be posted here.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Sadly unknown query commands are not logged...
But I guess you might sending some more "\r"s or "\n"s or something other along (which may even was stuck in the pipeline due to the last command)
A long time ago I had something similar using puttys telnet protocol. But that's fixed not and telnet control commands are filtered.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Well, there is proper thread locking in order to prevent this situations... When anything is being sent, every other thing will wait until it's time. I'm pretty sure it doens't have extra characters being sent or stuch in the pipe since it only happens at TeaSpeak (the same bot is also used in TS3 and in 6 months~ i've never seen it happen in there, only in Tea, pretty much every day).

So, by now I'm logging the whole query command that gave me error (not only the starting command) so we can check better.

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
@WolverinDEV I think this problem was resolved in version 1.4.19? I'm waiting for your comment.
Stripping prefixed `\r` within a query command, which resulted in rare cases in a command not found error
---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

// Fixed && Closed

Last edited: