• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Different permissions in TS3/YaTQA/TeaClient?

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
As it is well known that the TS3 permission is bugged for hard usage (setting/changing a lot of permissions). But it should be as updated as the others for just a plain view of permissions on the permission editor.

You can see that for permission "b_virtualserver_join_ignore_password" the permission is not showing correctly in TS3 permission editor.

And for testing purposed, I've seen that the whole virtualserver permissions are not showing in the TS3 permission editor (but showing in the "permission overview" of TS3)

Like I said, I know that the TS3 permission viewer is bugged for TeaServers, but is it possible to sync this permissions accross TS3 instances?

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Yes, if you assign this privilege, everything is displayed and after data is reloaded... however, if you close the window with group privileges and reopen it, the data will not be displayed.
I think this is an error with visual display of privileges and theoretically this problem can be fixed.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
In a TS3 server with the exact same permissions (apart from the granted) I am able to view all "virtualserver" permissions set up.

This printscreen is of a TS3 server, not TeaServer. Just opened the same window from a group created with the same permissions as the TeaServer in the thread.

I use a bot to create identical groups and yet it behaves differently after created.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
We're not supporting any other applications.
The seem to be bugged when dealing with some more permissions than 255.

This is just a side effect.
This will not be fixed.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Well, that should explain it then. We can set the permissions alright, but not actually have it displayed correctly. Does the TeaServer select what to send to fill up those 255 permissions or does the client select the last 255 permissions received? Just curious tho

Thanks for the reply

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Everything will be send, just the client messes things up quite badly afterwards.
It might be related to somewhat backwards compatibility stuff (~ 2012), but not sure.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

//Closed

Last edited: