• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Drop

Rennato

Hello, I have a problem on my server, when I do multitasking or mass action (like removing multiple users from a record or deleting multiple clients) I can not do anything else on the server, just talk and no flood message appears.
Does anyone know what can it be?

Rennato

I already did this, when it is blocked by flood, a warning message appears. But this is different, nothing appears I have to disconnect and connect again, when I disconnect I get the message 'loss of connection'

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well if you're using the optimized version?
But in general thats just an overload issue which isn't really a bug.
Its like your PC when you're doing too much at the time it starts hanging :D

Rennato

Well if you're using the optimized version?
But in general thats just an overload issue which isn't really a bug.
Its like your PC when you're doing too much at the time it starts hanging :D
I use version 1.3.4 normal, my clients complained about this problem and I went to test to see if it really existed, and I noticed the problem.
My Computer Settings:
Core I7 7700k
32G Memory DDR4 RAM
GTX 1080Ti
SSD Intel 545s Series 512GB

If I use the optimized version resolves?

Rennato

It is not a problem on the PC, because several people report the problem, and I did the test with Tea*Speak and it did not give a problem.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh the optimized build is a by the compiler (gcc in my case) "optimized" build, to be precise with the flag -O3.
This means for example that, small functions will be inlined to improve performance.
There are some other opts. as well which result in a significant performance improve.

But as a disadvantage its harder for me to debug crash stuff, which was essentials in the early moths.
If 1.3.10-1 works out as expected and its fine I'll then switch the normal builds to optimized, because there are currently no known crashes which occur randomly, only on on snapshotrestore :)

Rennato

Ahh the optimized build is a by the compiler (gcc in my case) "optimized" build, to be precise with the flag -O3.
This means for example that, small functions will be inlined to improve performance.
There are some other opts. as well which result in a significant performance improve.

But as a disadvantage its harder for me to debug crash stuff, which was essentials in the early moths.
If 1.3.10-1 works out as expected and its fine I'll then switch the normal builds to optimized, because there are currently no known crashes which occur randomly, only on on snapshotrestore :)
Does the optimized version only work for AMD or Intel as well?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
In general the CPU issues have been decreased.
If there are still performance issues just create a new topic.