• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

High packetloss and lag

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"Can the VPN protection cause this lag ?" shouldn't, but could be.
Interesting would be the outgoing packet loss... sadly TeaSpeak dosn't yet calculate it.
As well could you may send me your config.yml via PM?

lleriv94

i have the same problem, with last stable version and with last optimized. I try different networks as not only ovh, and in all i get some packetlost, for me and all my friends is no more of 5% packet lost!
My music bot with 2 ping sometime have 1 - 5 % packet lost on 1 GB/S Unlimited & Shared
some days ago all work perfect

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
i have the same problem, with last stable version and with last optimized. I try different networks as not only ovh, and in all i get some packetlost, for me and all my friends is no more of 5% packet lost!
Only with the last version or earlier versions as well?

lleriv94

Only with the last version or earlier versions as well?
days ago work perfect! i try it witout vpn protection on google vps and we have some problem!
usually i use stable version without problem so i update to optimized and i start to have problems, so i decide to downgrade to stable but the problem start in last stable too!
This is my google vps speedtest
Latency: 3.30 ms (0.09 ms jitter)
Download: 4414.37 Mbps (data used: 7.0 GB)
Upload: 3335.86 Mbps (data used: 5.0 GB)
Packet Loss: 0.0%

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well thats an answer, but its not giving any statement nor helpfull information....
Please read my question again.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well a bit better. Optimal would it be if you're also naming the versions but I now know what you mean.
BTW: Nice bandwidth

Are your CPU specs similar to the thread authors one?
And well I release stables when there are not crashes or reports.
And a high packet loss has never been reported (yet).

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm okey your CPU is def capable to handle a lot of clients to thats def not a thing.
Could you say where the most packet loss is?
Like in Voice, Control, Keep alive etc?

lleriv94

All time, the packet lost are same in all moments, if i stay muted i have this packetlost... there are really insignificant but they are here.. my music bot with 2 ping have 0.2% packet lost xD

Sorry my bad english

For all: remember google cloud give you 300$ free credit that you can spend in the course of 1 maximum year
the bandwidth is spectacular

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
is your problem solved or still have issue? contact me in private and i will dig into your problem
its network related issue

Ok at the moment the problem of packet loss has been solved but now there is another one .
I dont know why but sometimes people cant enter instatly on the server and they have to re try about 5 or more times to reconnect on the server for join

otalportista

Fanatic member
Ok at the moment the problem of packet loss has been solved but now there is another one .
I dont know why but sometimes people cant enter instatly on the server and they have to re try about 5 or more times to reconnect on the server for join
And problem with packet loss solved how ? :)

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I also sometimes notice this, but lately it is very rare.
BTW, how did you solve the problem with losing packages?

It came out that someone with a lot of vps servers was using 100% of the bandwith

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

But how can i fix this bug ?

Last edited:

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
It came out that someone with a lot of vps servers was using 100% of the bandwith

But how can i fix this bug ?
I don't know anything about it... I recently tried to convey this to the developer, but for my part, I noticed that the server does not even receive commands to connect the client, and as a result, this attempt is considered unsuccessful. If after a failed attempt they make a small pause, say for 5 seconds, they successfully connect to the server. In my case, this happens rarely, so I don't pay attention to it.
I also noticed that this happens most often if you disconnected from the server and did not connect to it for a long time, but I also noticed this on new IDs... in General, I do not know what the reason is... Need to ask the developer to deal with this.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know anything about it... I recently tried to convey this to the developer, but for my part, I noticed that the server does not even receive commands to connect the client, and as a result, this attempt is considered unsuccessful. If after a failed attempt they make a small pause, say for 5 seconds, they successfully connect to the server. In my case, this happens rarely, so I don't pay attention to it.
I also noticed that this happens most often if you disconnected from the server and did not connect to it for a long time, but I also noticed this on new IDs... in General, I do not know what the reason is... Need to ask the developer to deal with this.
Hey,
I'm aware of this issue but its, not as I know, related to the other issues.
I'm currently implementing, or better testing, the packet packet loss calculation from client to the server in order to troubleshoot this a bit more.
And BTW I'm doing this currently along with some freelancer work for getting my bills payed, so I'm developing roundabout 14h a day^^ 10hr Freelancing 4h TeaSpeak^^

Update:
I cant do math^^ :D
I'm actually working 16hrs a day^^ And doing TeaSpeak for 6hr instead of 4^^

Hey,
I'm aware of this issue but its, not as I know, related to the other issues.
I'm currently implementing, or better testing, the packet packet loss calculation from client to the server in order to troubleshoot this a bit more.
And BTW I'm doing this currently along with some freelancer work for getting my bills payed, so I'm developing roundabout 14h a day^^ 10hr Freelancing 4h TeaSpeak^^

Update:
I cant do math^^ :D
I'm actually working 16hrs a day^^ And doing TeaSpeak for 6hr instead of 4^^
Dont worry do what you can do , what you are doing is amazing

Just a question that isnt related with the topic , can the sinusbot work with the teaspeak server and if it doesnt have sound it can be a problem of the teaspeak server itself or not ?

Last edited: