• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending How can I estimate the teaspeak resources

lbenicio

Hi,

I had like 3 instances... 2 of then sums max 80 clients connected. The other one had like 250.... Getting a total of 330 clients.

On the same server I have a bot for the teaspeak that have some control group action like mass kick or poke.

At this point my server had 1 core and 4gb ram. Everything was fine.

Then I need to open another instance with like 200 clients and then things started getting weird. The entire VPS crashed. I doubled the server for 8gb ram and 2 cores. Disabled the bot. With around 500 clients... Server went down again.

Now I'm running on a VPS with 4 cores and 24GB ram. How many clients can I get? How can I measure it?

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Why do you need so much RAM? 4 is enough, and the memory leak has long been fixed.

lbenicio

I just keep increasing it up beacause the server was crashing... But at some point I saw teaspeak using like 1.2gb

Edit:

I think it might be the number of cores

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I have a server with 400 users online in the evening and I have not seen on it the memory consumption of more than 300 MB, and the uptime of the server at that time was 1.5 months.
Try using the default server config.yml and one of the latest versions - TeaSpeak-1.3.26-beta-1

lbenicio

could it be caused because i used the snapshot to copy a server layout and groups? 2ppl wanted the same layout so, i took a snapshot and apply to the other instance, could it be causing the crashes?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
does the instance crashes or just does not respond anymore?
In case of a crash I require the crash dump to tell (and fix) the reason.

--- Update ---
I think its all about the "server does not respond anymore" thing.
Well in general running TeaSpeak on one core without changing the config,yml a bit is unrecommended.
The config.yml is manly aiming for a quad core system. The RAM does not really matter at all since TeaSpeak dose not require that much.
But around 25-50mb/100 Users should be available. Please note that the more users your server get the less RAM in avg. each user consumes.
So 1GB of ram does not necessary mean 2000 Users.

But to hold 2000 Users you prop need a good CPU :)
Certain measurements haven't yet be done (May @REDOSS or @Vafin could say a bit more).

lbenicio

I crashes the server and ones it crashed my entire VPS (2 cores and 8gb ram)

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fezU39m_uIUQkMRs3jjC8ZM_gcl1QE6W here is all my dumps

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Could you then upload the crash_dump?
And well I'm not sure why your VPS crashed, but usually an application isn't capable to crash it (at least should not be in any kind)

lbenicio

did the google drive link is broken? do you want single file links? i found 4 files .dmp and posted the hole crash_dump folder because i didnt know what was the correct one. /

I got a VPS with 4 cores and 24gb of ram, i think it should handle the teaspeak and my bot.

yeah, about the vps crash, maybe was coincidence... idk

i just installed the 1.4.1 and the server crashed again with only one instance with 170 ppl. i think i might the snapshot i tookand created a new server with that snapshot

edit: are there any tutorial how to configure the config.yml to use the 4 cores?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh I haven't seen your crash dumps (I prop wrote my answer before your second post)
So:

I've looked up your crash dumps.
Do you had applied a server snapshot every time before the instance crashed?
Or does it crash out of the blue

lbenicio

yeah, i took the snapshot yesterday and after that the teaspeak running on VPS 1 from which the snapshot was taken started crashing and the teaspeak on VPS 2 on which the snapshot were applyed were crashing.

nobody uses the webclient but one guy uses the music bot some times.

and yes, crashes all instances.

edit: correct vps names.