• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Interesting connection problem

LabodiDavid

I've been running my TeaSpeak server for about 4 months, next to webserver, gameservers, etc with no problems.

Now there is an interesting connection problem, somebody can connect from the internet, but i can't from the local network (except first time).

Exactly everybody can or can't connect with at least 5 attempt, and in the big part they can't connect, including me.

I tried binding to the interface address, and binding to all interfaces, with no success. I didn't touched the port forwarding rules they are in working form, so i don't understand why this problem is happening. I tried previous versions (1.3.25 stable, 1.3.26-1b, 1.4.4-1b) with same problem, but i realized there, maybe the problem it's not completely in the server, it's maybe a network issue, but i'm not sure in that. The other services are working stable.

In the previous days everything is working properly in the 1.4.4-beta1 version.

I attached a trace level log file, at the end of the file before i shut down the server, you can see the problem where i trying to connect continously one after another.
While this one of my friend has a successfully connection to the server.
I think it's not a TeaSpeak related problem, maybe it's a network problem but my other services is working properly.
(Third party TS Server status services, can see the server is running.)
Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Out of a gilimse it seems like there is some outgoing packet loss at least.
Ever tested specially for this?

Any other signs of overload etc seems not to be there which could cause this kind of issues.

An interesting thing would be if this also applied when connection with the TeaSpeak-Client.

LabodiDavid

In the TeaSpeak-client i got "Failed to process handshake: failed to execute begin (timeout)" error message, from the outside WAN.
First time LAN connection from TeaSpeak-client was successfully but the next time i got the same error like in the outside.
The first connection always works, counting from the server start, but the another connections are take five or more attempts to connect successfully, or not.
It's apply to the WAN and the LAN too.
I tried editing host column addresses in the sqlite servers table, but it didn't improve anything.
I think maybe it's could be a ISP problem , or there is something with the dd-wrt in my router.
Everything working perfect, except this. Only one client can connect to the server, and sometimes i can connect too.
There aren't any packet loss, if i or somebody are connected, before the connection, i don't know but it's really seems like that.
UPDATE: With the version 3.1.10 ts-3 client, mostly connect for the first time successfully.
I think there is some issue with the licensing too.

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm well specially the last statement ("With the version 3.1.10 ts-3 client") is quite interesting.
When you're doing your tests are you reconnecting instandly?
If so could you consider to wait 5 up to 20 seconds?

Is the problem then still reproduceable?

LabodiDavid

Yes, it's connect instantly. I tested connecting and disconnecting one after another, and works perfect, stable with the older client.
With the newer clients someone can connect with no problems, but the big part of the clients can't connect easily, and they are can think the server isn't running.
With the v3.3.2 client: Failed to connect to the server.
The waiting didn't help either.
With the v3.1.10 client, successfully connection for the first time.
These tests are apply too the outside wan connection.

Last edited: