• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Information [Linux] How to update your TeaSpeak server (including script)

essem

just for clarification: Your script backs up the db and config
Code:
cp config.yml config.yml.old
cp TeaData.sqlite TeaData.sqlite.old
Since they should be compatible between the versions, why dont you copy them back after the unpacking?
the backup is for the case something messes up in an update and your config/database gets corrupted. also copying them back would just replace the file with the same file which is pointless.

h1web

Could you maybe make a Tea*Speak Update Script anyway even when the updates are not that much? :heart:

essem

Could you maybe make a Tea*Speak Update Script anyway even when the updates are not that much? :heart:
just looked into it and seems like Tea*Speak does not provide an easy way (Tea got one) to get the currently newest version number. I could only do one where you had to enter the version number with the script.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
i have modified the script of @essem a bit with the following additions:
- Shows current amount of connected clients
- Warns clients of the update with a configurable countdown
- Stops and starts the server automatically

https://gist.github.com/razaqq/42c604268ed7023fcf854664a6ab3004
Lovely, but on question: why are you iterating over the given server and not just use the instance client count? This also ensures that the instance is empty if you want to stop it. Also one question: why aren't you using TeaSpeaks shutdown countdown? The query commands are documented on github :)

razaq

Lovely, but on question: why are you iterating over the given server and not just use the instance client count? This also ensures that the instance is empty if you want to stop it. Also one question: why aren't you using TeaSpeaks shutdown countdown? The query commands are documented on github :)
1. yeah you are right, doing it with "hostinfo" would have been easier, will change that. Was searching for something like this, but didnt find.
2. Also didnt know "serverprocessstop" has a time parameter in teaspeak, Tea*Speak didnt have one iirc

will edit this again, thanks for the tips!

edit: updated

Last edited:

Mygen16

# TeaSpeak Updater by essemX (github.com/essemX/teaspeak-updatescript)
: not found 3: update2.sh:
# Getting version...
# Newest version is <html>
<head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>404 Not Found</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/1.10.3</center>
</body>
</html>
: not found 7: update2.sh:
update2.sh: 31: update2.sh: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then")

I can´t Update my Server....

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Oh saw that the script is too old, and uses an old system.
In general you could update just by downloading the Teaspeak archive again and extracting it in the directory on your old server.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
@iAmboy i already explained you how to solve that problem, read the last message in your inbox.
Thats not a update script problem, dont use this thread to report that.

essem

Hello everyone,

I updated the script with some new optional features. To get the new script simply repeat step 0. of the tutorial.

Summary:
  • There is now a check in place if the server is already running and will automatically stop it
  • If your installation is already on the newest version it will no longer re-install anything (can be overridden with the --force parameter, script can still be used for first installation)
  • Optimized beta-builds can be used with the parameter --beta (Thanks to @Coolguy3289 )
  • Automatically start the server again with the --start parameter (uses ./teastart.sh start)

For more details check out the GitHub project.

My goal for this script is to keep it simple to use and hard to break. If you encounter any bugs, problems or other requests then report it either on github or here.