• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Max amount of servers

lsmxlt

Premium User
What is the max amount of servers? I'm running in a dual E5-2630 v4 so resources aren't a problem.
What was the max amount stable wise you guys runned? Right now we are on 150 servers but we are migrating some clients from another servers to this, we are planning to have around 200 to 250 servers in one istance what is the recommended?

latters

the server number does not matter so much, but the number of users matters the most.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well 1.5k on one I stance is pretty much, but should be possible if you have the power the ram and the optimized build.
But anyway I recommend to split them up to 750 for each instance. I've personally some instances with around 500 up to 900 users and they work well.

I think @SHELOFASTOV has there some experience as well (hopefully positive xD)

lsmxlt

Premium User
I've found an bug, when you migrate an server from Tea*Speak to TeaSpeak, and disconnect the client from one and he auto connect to teaspeak he starts to have some problems with the connection and start to drop.
To fix he just need to restart the client.

lsmxlt

Premium User
Yeah they were disconnecting and connecting for almost one hour and stopped after restarting the client.
Just to you understand they use TSDNS, and when we migrated from TS3 to TEA I changed the TSDNS to redirect to the new server.
So 1 second offline and changed to the TEA, well just to you know no problem about this.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh looks perfect :)
May post the solution I've gave you for your problem, so if there is anybody else which a similar problem he hopefully finds that posting.