• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Maximum number of users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamonha

Premium User
Recently a user on my platform informed me that I was able to modify the maximum number of slots even though the b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients permission is set to 100 modifier power, and my server's maximum power is 75.

I then tried unsuccessfully to prevent jobs from actually modifying the maximum number of users on one or more servers.

So I was able to note that any permission even though the configuration of skew, deny, or even with power needed 100 any of the posts that have permissions over 60 of modifying power can do absolutely what they want within teaspeak environments.

I have tried the new and customized jobs, none of the permissions that should be locked remain, with a simple click for example the user can enable or disable login as serverquery on my server.

Is this frustrating, is there a bug in the permissions system?

Additional Information
1. The test was based on versions 1.2.31, 1.2.32, 1.2.34 and 1.3.0

All learn the same behavior.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
Have you edited the permissions via YatQA or the web client? Because the Tea*Speak 3 client permissuon editor is buggy when it has to deal with more than 255 permissions. Within the next version there will be a option to even disable that completely and forces the admin to use YatQA or the web client

Pamonha

Premium User
I modified it through Yatqa and also by the customer Tea*Speak .. The teaspeak client did not work well for me, always an error happens and I just can not connect to my server. Some other way I can solve the problem definitely, without having to wait for the release of the new version ..?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well sure you removed the granted power for the admin for this permission?
Else the admin is allowed to regrant this permission. As well does the admin may hase the grant ignore permission?

Pamonha

Premium User
The permission was as follows, same action taken on teamspeak servers. The modification took place through YatQa and the Tea*Speak client . Unsuccessfully.

1547566979575.png

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, thats wrong.
If you've the grant permission you're able to give this permission again to yourself.
You've to remove the grant as well.

Pamonha

Premium User
Our lady .. Got it now, ask me a question .. is there any way I can do this procedure for example through the instance databases?

Status
Not open for further replies.