• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Memory Leak / Fragmention bug

Carmine

I'm using the latest version of TeaSpeak (1.2.17-beta-2) and the leak in ram memory has increased, before crashing every 1-2 days, now also every 11-12 hours.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I'm using the latest version of TeaSpeak (1.2.17-beta-2) and the leak in ram memory has increased, before crashing every 1-2 days, now also every 11-12 hours.
Yes.
I confirm that in 1.2.17-beta2.
Using a lot of ram compared with last versions :/

Let me try this beta3 ;)

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I think, somewhere in a month. I already hurried and threw all the servers on this version and regretted, because I had to roll back because of the instability.
At me operative memory was hammered very quickly ... 3 GB for 2 hours of work with an online 350 ... The server was falling.
On version 3.0.13.8 I had an uptime of over half a year and memory consumption is several times less with the same online.

andrex1337

At me operative memory was hammered very quickly ... 3 GB for 2 hours of work with an online 350 ... The server was falling.
On version 3.0.13.8 I had an uptime of over half a year and memory consumption is several times less with the same online.
I really can't understand why you got this massive usage of ressources - I can't reproduce this. I don't know what you have done with your server.

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I really can't understand why you got this massive usage of ressources - I can't reproduce this. I don't know what you have done with your server.
1. How many users do you have on the network?
2. How many virtual servers do you have?
3. What is your operating system?

Maybe I need to upgrade to a new system.
At the moment I'm using: 4.9.0-8-amd64 # 1 SMP Debian 4.9.110-3 + deb9u4 (2018-08-21) x86_64 GNU / Linux

andrex1337

1. How many users do you have on the network?
2. How many virtual servers do you have?
3. What is your operating system?

Maybe I need to upgrade to a new system.
At the moment I'm using: 4.9.0-8-amd64 # 1 SMP Debian 4.9.110-3 + deb9u4 (2018-08-21) x86_64 GNU / Linux
1. Around 50 users. (I know, not that amount like you but I am not using more than 300mb ram.
2. Around 10 virtual servers.
3. Debian 9.5 Stretch 64 bit.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Same here with @andrex1337 i can't too reproduce about the memory leak (only CPU issue).

1. I did hitted around 68 users. online. and used only 2GB. (but too because i'm running webserver/mailserver on same machine!)
2. 74 virtual servers
3. Debian 9.5 64bit