• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Music bot loads CPU core up to 100%

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Music bot at some point in time begins to load the CPU core to 100%, sometimes it can lead to a server crash. But if you switch the player bot to the next song then the CPU load drops. I have two music bots on two virtual servers.

On my charts it looks like this (VDS = 2 processor cores Xeon E5620)

Last edited:

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I wrote about it to the developer at some point. I used two bots on one server instance. One of them consumes a lot of CPU. After removal, the problem was solved. More I have not encountered this, perhaps this is a rare phenomenon.
I will add that this phenomenon does not occur immediately, but on the second or third day of the bot, if it plays a music stream.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well it would be interesting what exactly takes so much CPU, but I'll take a look soon

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Well it would be interesting what exactly takes so much CPU, but I'll take a look soon
I think the problem is in playback, but with the condition that there are two music bots in the instance.
Personally, I noticed a problem a couple of months ago that CPU usage has skyrocketed . Deleted the first, on which bot played music - the problem not come around, then deleted the second, on which, too, played music, but at the other port server, and the problem immediately come around.

Vafin

TeaFanatic
After that, I switched to the next song and both bots completely stopped working, only occasionally stuttering.

Last edited:

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Maybe it is better to separate the music bot from the server in a separate application on another VDS? This will prevent the server from crashing.

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I think these topics are related, but problems with loading the processor have not been observed for a long time.