• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending New serverquery user

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Currently I'm building a bot to a server and using serveradmin on development environment. Now I want to have in production another serverquery user with some restricted permissions, not all of serveradmin default permissions. But I cant create a new Query Login to every server, so I want to create "universal" server query login just as 'serveradmin' but with limited perms. To do that, I created a new identity using Tea*Speak client (TBot Admin)and then create a new Server Query Login (image 1). Then at YaTQA I've duplicated the Admin Server Query group to a new one (TBot Server Query).

Then normally on YaTQA you would add a member via the Permissions -> Server Groups page. I type in the DBID of the ID created (TBot Admin) and press add. YaQTA can sucessfully add the client to the Query Server Group, but it does not show on the list (image 2) [PROBABLY NOT TEASPEAK FAULT]. Other way to add is via the User DB and real time (Image 3).

So, after this the new ID should be able to login via server query and have the same permissions as a default Server Query Admin (serveradmin). But it doesnt. I can login, but cant use a server different from the one which this user is from (Image 4). I even tryied from putty and it still throwed me the same error (Image 5)

I tryied following https://github.com/TeaSpeak/TeaSpeak/issues/508 but since the query group is duplicated from serveradmin, it already has the permissions needed (b_virtualserver_select), but still doesn't work. I've tryied adding the new ID to the Admin Server Query group but even there it doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a software limitation? What do I need to do to have the 'universal' server query login?

Thanks and keep up the development!

Image 1: Image 2: Image 3: Image 4: Image 5:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
if I understood your issue right, than your issue is that the newly created account is bound to a specify virtual server.
The solution to this is to create a query account without beeing bound to a server.
The query commands would be:
Code:
login serveradmin <password>
querycreate

--- or if already connected ---
use 0
querycreate

(With use 0 you're unselecting your virtual server)

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
I cen't test this now but that seems to be what I was expecting. Can't find that anywhere else... Not even on the Tea*Speak official ServerQuery Manual. Is this specific for TeaSpeak? Also, is there a way to do that within the YaQTA manager? Apart from it's console, of course.

Thanks for your attention!

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well I think Tea*Speak is there slightly different.
With Tea*Speak you've access to every server as a guest query which makes no sence for me to be honest.
Thats why TeaSpeak binds the user to the specific server.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Is there a way to bind or create a UID for the user?

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Because by default it seems to bind to the serveradmin UID. https://i.imgur.com/9BHAwUp.png -> return value of querylist

I cant seem to be able to bind to any specific or new created identities... By that any group I assign is also assigned to serveradmin, which in turn is not the intended, because it will still have the Admin Server Query group and what else.

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yes it binds to the user who created the server query.
Anything else is not possible because if it would be possible it could be a huge security risk.
Like a user creates a query with the uid of serveradmin.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Wouldn't it be "safe" to use a random UID like a client does? (I know it is not fully random, but yea)
Or be the same as the username? Like if the login already exists, then deny it and that's it.

Or then how one would create a UID with modified Admin SQ permissions without using the serveradmin? I mean this because since you said that even GuestQuery is limited to the created server I cant have a global serverquery to manage some (not all) configs accross all instances. For example, since I'm hosting for other people, some servers I want to put advertisement in the server banner and switch it every couple of hours. I can't create an ID inside each instance and alloc them to a new server query login. I should be able to do that via telnet programmatically from the same login without using serveradmin (avoiding the use of serveradmin because of security reasons... What if my panel front-end has a leak or something)

Forgot to mention that the way TeaSpeak is set up right now makes this happen even If I use different query user created by ''querycreate''. Because it will have the same perms from serveradmin. We need a way to split out this stuff.

Last edited:

otalportista

Fanatic member
If you want give query to you its impossible in plus of Tea*Speak 3.6.0 ( if you're talking in Tea*Speak and not teaspeak)