• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

No one can hear every few minutes

jando221

Hi,
I keep getting the error message "Found varianzes within the server tick! (Supposed: 500ms Hold: 512ms)". I do not know why.

What happened in any case, you can talk and talk but nobody hears you but the blue dot is displayed and then it takes a few seconds until everything is back to normal.

Hope someone can help me.

Version 1.3.24

otalportista

Fanatic member
I recommend, you delete your config.yml or save it with this command "cp config.yml config.yml.old", and execute server for it generate new one

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Hi,
I keep getting the error message "Found varianzes within the server tick! (Supposed: 500ms Hold: 512ms)". I do not know why.

What happened in any case, you can talk and talk but nobody hears you but the blue dot is displayed and then it takes a few seconds until everything is back to normal.

Hope someone can help me.

Version 1.3.24

Send the crash drump (if there is one) or the debug log to wolverin.
He will help once is free ;)

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
you're not reading with attention then xD
"Found varianzes within the server tick! (Supposed: 500ms Hold: 512ms)"

With the debug log maybe it can be solved.. (warning lines!)

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I didn't pay attention until it's in the title. However I find it strange just happens to him, I think that.
This happened to me before too.
At the moment i think it is not happen (still using v1.3.24).
Not sure cause i do not have seen the logs for a while..

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
yeah, normaly i contact wolverin directly ;)
(when i do not see anybody with the same problem as me..)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
so first things first:
The error message "Found varianzes..." is not that critical thats also why it has been moved into the warning category.
If you see this error a lot the only thing which this affects is all the automated server stuff (Channel deletion, user timeout, packet loss calculation, bandwidth limit updates, etc....)

The thing what you described seems to be plausible if the user has been online for a while.
To be more precise after 21.8453 min of voice activity.
There is a 16bit counter which resets afterwards which causes this;
One voice packet contains 20ms of voice data
=> (2^16) * 0.02s / 60s/min => 21....

I think this is better that a total voice fallout as before (due to some errors).
In the feature this will improve especially when audio will be targeted on the client again (Not showing devices multiple times, new codec, ...)