• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Offline server use?

selina

Hello,

my question is, why is written on teaspeak.de/gb "Offline / LAN functionality"? Without license, activated with internet access, I can not start a server, that can used by Tea*Speak Client.

Best regards,
Selina Lange

Panther_42

So that means that to OFFLINE usage i need to buy a license again and again and renew for money?!?! This is even worst then the 3.x.x.x based TS3 servers then... Then that is not REAL offline then. That has need to be renewed online but not in the program for money?!?!. Despite that is In this concept TS3 has a better solutions with older servers from their repository...(Still using that on a CLOSED vpn w/o internet and it is working W/O ANY moaning about payment for the licence, this method is just disgusting for me.) Yes, you can tell that i can move on, then i will.

Those are at least working offline for free. THIS is the part i was intrested the most - that is why i registered, but this is a deterrent for me related to this software, i thought this will be something good/offline and premiumworth opensource program.... this is a downer for me. So Bye all. This is a greedy company worst than a real TS3 server.

mikey326

Hello,

my question is, why is written on teaspeak.de/gb "Offline / LAN functionality"? Without license, activated with internet access, I can not start a server, that can used by Tea*Speak Client.

Best regards,
Selina Lange
Dear Selina,

Unfortunately this is not possible. If you want to use a TeaSpeak Server with offline functionality you have to use the TeaSpeak Client. Tea*(m)Speak is not supported for that kind of use. If you want to use the Tea*(m)Speak client you have to buy a protocol key from a seller in this forums. I am not sure how the licensing process works as I wait for TeaSpeak to offer more features before I want to move my community. Thus I have almost 0 experience with the server.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,
Mikey

So that means that to OFFLINE usage i need to buy a license again and again and renew for money?!?! This is even worst then the 3.x.x.x based TS3 servers then... Then that is not REAL offline then. That has need to be renewed online but not in the program for money?!?!. Despite that is In this concept TS3 has a better solutions with older servers from their repository...(Still using that on a CLOSED vpn w/o internet and it is working W/O ANY moaning about payment for the licence, this method is just disgusting for me.) Yes, you can tell that i can move on, then i will.

Those are at least working offline for free. THIS is the part i was intrested the most - that is why i registered, but this is a deterrent for me related to this software, i thought this will be something good/offline and premiumworth opensource program.... this is a downer for me. So Bye all. This is a greedy company worst than a real TS3 server.
Well... You should try to READ before ranting like a 13 years old girl experiencing her first menstrual pain (no front to our females, i know this pain is hard to endure). You dont need to buy a license to use TeaSpeak offline. You need to buy a license in order to use a TeaSpeak server with a Tea*(m)Speak client.

Compability between Tea- and Tea*(M) Speak is not advertised by the creator. Further more TeaSpeak is not a company. As far as I know the team has only one developer and some moderators. If you think you can create a better solution - go ahead. No one is stopping you. But ranting abount a free, partially open source project without knowing anything about it is kind of a dick move. If you want to improve something - DO something. As I am not the most skilled coder I chose to suppport TeaSpeak financially whislt I am not even using their product. I simply think this project is a great idea thus legitimizing the fact that I pay.

Edit: Sheeeew, I just saw this thread is 1 1/2 years old. Sorry for bumping it.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
" You should try to READ before ranting like a 13 years old girl experiencing her first menstrual pain (no front to our females, i know this pain is hard to endure). " :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Sidiju

" You should try to READ before ranting like a 13 years old girl experiencing her first menstrual pain (no front to our females, i know this pain is hard to endure). " :LOL::ROFLMAO:
so you tried already out, are you a fem, i though you are male,.. :LAUGHT!!!!:

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Well, the thing is that nobody actually read the OP question in details.

@WolverinDEV announced in TeaSpeak homepage that TeaSpeak has "Offline / LAN functionality" (just like TS3).

The thing is: it is possible to run a TS3 in a computer without internet access (only for LAN, aka Local Area Network).

The same is not possible for TeaSpeak, because whenever you start the server the software tries to reach @WolverinDEV servers in order to authenticate the server instance.

This is what he means, nothing related to the client or needing to connect different client versions... The server doesn't even start when the computer has no internet.

(I didn't really test this, but i've seen some people with DNS issues not bein able to start the server because of this reason, so I think is has relation aswell)