• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Packet loss: need help to start digging what is causing this

lbenicio

Hey folks,

i just noticed that sometimes a bunch of users get packet loss and drop connection (server still up).

Like, i was with 400 users connected across different instances. Out of nowhere, 100 users dropped connection and a few minutes/seconds later they were all able to connect again.

I see something like that with query clients that drops socket connection out of nowhere too.

Firstly i thought it was random but happened more than once and there weren't too many users connected. Is it due to the network? is it the company i host? i have no clue where to start an investigation...

edit:
both my hosts (teaspeak server and query bot server) were all the time with cpu usage lower then 10%.
maybe OS file handlers to connections?
i have no clue...

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Yes, I also suspect your network. Sometimes there are failures on routes to the server. The problem is mainly on the side of data centers that exchange traffic between countries and Internet service providers, but in addition to all this, problems may occur in the data centers themselves, where your server is located, and you should not exclude cases of problems with the client's Internet provider.

These are the most likely cases, but I do not rule out cases where there is a problem in TeaSpeak, after all, not so long ago there were significant changes in terms of preparing and sending packages.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think its TeaSpeak either, but I cant 100% ensure that.
Especially with UDP some data centers have dome issues (routing issues).
Is there anything remarkable in the log?

Have the, still connected, users noticed anything (except a mass client disconnect^^)