• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Completed Permissions Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDyego

Hello, I already configured a full TS to create the rooms and groups / permissions as default, but there is a very bad bug that I can not avoid, I delete the "b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients" permission from the "Server Admin" registry so that a simple " Server Admin "can not change the number of clients on the server, but no matter how I do," Server Admin "can add this permission on it and then change the number of clients on the server. Not only is this permission that "Server Admin" can add to it, there are several others with the same problem.

bug1.png

Give error showing that I can not do that action, but I can do it anyway as many times as I want:

bug2.png

I delete and reactive the permission as many times as I want:

bug3.png

Can anyone help me with this? Can you test with your server to see if this is possible in any version?
I tested it in two versions: version 1.2.34 and version 1.3.8.

Thank you!

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
See if you've everything like me ;)
Your problem is in "i_permission_modify_power" and not in "b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients"..
Hope it helps..

modify_power.png

xDyego

I made the changes, but it continues the same way, I can change several permissions that I should not do.
bug4.png

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
You're not doing changes in the main "Server Admin" group..
You're changing other group ;)

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
No. you're not using the default server admin group.
Look at my image with attention..
You're using a " [T] " group, not the normal one..

If you need to edit "Server Admin" group,
you've to duplicate the group and edit the secundary to avoid future problems like yours.
Never edit "Server Admin" group! Always create secundary groups so you can edit with no problems...

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I've no such problems :/
I always create other groups (i've never changed the default ones..)

xDyego

I followed this tutorial and I was able to change the default channels and groups, when creating a new TS it already comes with my channels and my groups that I myself have customized.

This is my Custom TS, when creating it it already looks like this:

padrão.png

The "Server Admin Master" is the same as "Server Admin"

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well it seems like you're trying to edit the permissions with the Tea*Speak 3 client, which is highly unlikely. Use as shown YatQA or the web client :)

The Tea*Speak 3 client is buggy!

xDyego

I edit by YaTQA, then I go to the client and check if everything is okay. So I check these bugs.

xDyego

Any client with "Server Admin" is able to edit the maximum limit of users of that server, it shows the error that it is not allowed to do that action, but in any case it still succeeds. It was explained in my first comment of the topic.

Hello, I already configured a full TS to create the rooms and groups / permissions as default, but there is a very bad bug that I can not avoid, I delete the "b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients" permission from the "Server Admin" registry so that a simple " Server Admin "can not change the number of clients on the server, but no matter how I do," Server Admin "can add this permission on it and then change the number of clients on the server. Not only is this permission that "Server Admin" can add to it, there are several others with the same problem.

View attachment 1172

Give error showing that I can not do that action, but I can do it anyway as many times as I want:

View attachment 1173

I delete and reactive the permission as many times as I want:

View attachment 1174

Can anyone help me with this? Can you test with your server to see if this is possible in any version?
I tested it in two versions: version 1.2.34 and version 1.3.8.

Thank you!

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Had you also removed the grant permission for the permission?
As you described the admin could just give himself the permission again, which indicates that he has the permission granted, else he's not allowed to assign this permission to any group.

xDyego

Yes, I removed the permission and the power to grant as well.
max1.png

My modify permissions are as follows:
max2.png

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
You know that you're editing the template groups?
You have to create a new server to see the effects :)

xDyego

Yes, I know this, I always create a new server after the changes to check if it was right because I want it to be default.

Status
Not open for further replies.