• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Server kicking client and keep him from connecting back after servergroup add/remove

lbenicio

Hey folks, i'm on some bugs i might have found on TeaSpeak Server.

First one is: I have a layout on instance 0 (sid=0) for servergroups (custom permissions) and channel tree which are copied to each new server. At the moment i have like 8 instances, when i was creating the 9th it start showing some problem (i will talk about then next). So, i deleted this instance and created a new one, the problem is, this new instance took information from this previous instance (which was already deleted) besides the layout that it would normally take from instance 0.

Ok, now the second problem. It show 2 problemas, actually. On this new broken instance i already talked (recently created with just me online and no query client on this instance, i got a friend to join me and depending on the servergroup i add/remove him, he got kicked out of the instance, and depending the moment the client could reconnect. The client would only be able to reconect after removing him from this servergroups.

I searched the server logs but nothing special appears and the server did not crashed (so, no dumps). But i got some logs on the client side, here it is:

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 12.24.33.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 12.24.41.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-17 at 12.30.53.png

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"So, i deleted this instance and created a new one, the problem is, this new instance took information from this previous instance (which was already deleted) besides the layout that it would normally take from instance 0." Well that could may be something, but should not be the regular case. Is it possible to describe more what kind of properties/permissions are still copied? Because in general this could only (in theory) happen if the newly created server gets an ID from the old server.

Is the second thing a constant reproducible behaviour?
If so could you may give some instructions (step per step) how to reproduce?

BTW: Thanks for testing

lbenicio

"So, i deleted this instance and created a new one, the problem is, this new instance took information from this previous instance (which was already deleted) besides the layout that it would normally take from instance 0." Well that could may be something, but should not be the regular case. Is it possible to describe more what kind of properties/permissions are still copied? Because in general this could only (in theory) happen if the newly created server gets an ID from the old server.

Is the second thing a constant reproducible behaviour?
If so could you may give some instructions (step per step) how to reproduce?

BTW: Thanks for testing
Yeah, the server ID is increasing (I'm at 34 now) but the port is being reused

On my server I was able to recreate the issue with all new instances. But I could not reproduce on a newly fresh server. I can give credentials to connect on the server.

The problem happens to complex server groups with gives talk/join/view... but it happens to blank groups as well used just for recognition (like for status on the server or to interact with query client, but no query client were connected to this instance at any time).

The old instance created before the problem are not affected at all.

Servers logs only shows a debug message spamming about editing group 1 on server 0 (something like this)

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

About the permission being copied, there are things like channel names and descriptions

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"On my server I was able to recreate the issue with all new instances. But I could not reproduce on a newly fresh server.".
It seems like it messed up the database once and than never again. Interesting would be how you had achieved that :D

Do you have anything specific for the client disconnect? Because this seems to be even more critical.

lbenicio

I have no idea, I have been using the same script to manage the server for over a year(?)

The client disconnect as soon as someone gives you the servergroup and you back to normal as soon as someone remove the group.

From last comment to this one, the problem seems to start appearing on the instances that were working fine, like spreading across instances but slowly (not all at once). Which makes me confused...

The only thing new is that I'm using more instances now, like 8 instances (+ 8 query bots)

My setup is:
1 VPS 2GB ram 1.5 clock 1 core
1 teaspeak with 8 instances
8 query bots doing at total 1k/request minute outside VPS and a couple hundreds requests to the query

The bot only add/remove groups, checks descriptions...

There is one option that it can erase the instance db (I query all users on db and delete then all one by one in a for loop, that the only option the directly interact with the db)

Do you think the solution would be completely delete the dband restart from scratch?

I see no erros on server log and on client log just these ones.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
I'm having a similar situation.

My personal bot has a function to recreate all groups. I've built it to work at TeaSpeak 1.4.4, so it should be working on this latest version.

If on a new instance I delete all groups (but not the default one) the connected users will be disconnected. It seems that some groups are getting just a single default permission, not the default set of permission set up in the template.

I'll dig into this to check out more.

@lbenicio off topic, but may I ask you what is your bot about? Maybe we have some things in common that we can exchange hehe

I've just reproduced this. I'll record and show you guys how it is happening.

Disconnected with:
<14:17:46> Desconectado do servidor (parameter not found)

Note that the Template normal group has some permissions set, and when creating a new group it only comes with permanent group (which in turn shows as temporary(?????????) in the group selection).

The test group

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not yet getting it.
You're quite fast there within your gif.
Specially the last step is interesting. Do you get kicked every time out remove yourself from the group?
If so could you upload the database with this behaviour?

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Sure. The last step is just removing from the group. It gets insta-kick.

I'll send it via PM a link so you can test it out

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I'll see. May a beta 1 will come out then. If combined with fixing the channel stuff.

Ahh I just recreated that problem. Thanks :)
Will be fixed in the next version.

Last edited:

Vafin

TeaFanatic
I'm having a similar situation.

My personal bot has a function to recreate all groups. I've built it to work at TeaSpeak 1.4.4, so it should be working on this latest version.

If on a new instance I delete all groups (but not the default one) the connected users will be disconnected. It seems that some groups are getting just a single default permission, not the default set of permission set up in the template.

I'll dig into this to check out more.

@lbenicio off topic, but may I ask you what is your bot about? Maybe we have some things in common that we can exchange hehe

I've just reproduced this. I'll record and show you guys how it is happening.

Disconnected with:
<14:17:46> Desconectado do servidor (parameter not found)

Note that the Template normal group has some permissions set, and when creating a new group it only comes with permanent group (which in turn shows as temporary(?????????) in the group selection).

The test group

I have the same thing in the latest version of the server (1.4.10)

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
// Fixed and closed.

If the problem is not resolved, create a new topic or contact me so that I open it for comment.