• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending server version too old

oggs

Connecting with the latest Tea*Speak 3 Client to TeaServer what is tagged as "latest" amd64 version 1.3.25-2 gives the error "server version too old" in the client.

Alternatively I tried TeaSpeak-1.4.10-beta-3.tar.gz in amd64_optimized with the same result

are there any additional steps I have to take to be able to connect? I was using TeaDocker https://github.com/TeaSpeak/TeaDocker and followed the instructions in the Readme.md.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Thats not an error..
Use teaspeak client to connect your server. If you want to use ts3 / ts5 clients to connect teaspeak server.
You can contact @world, he will help with the solution ;)

oggs

Use teaspeak client to connect your server. If you want to use ts3 / ts5 clients to connect teaspeak server.
You can contact @world, he will help with the solution ;)
i'm looking for a technical answer to this problem and how it can be solved. where is the use of a "TeaSpeak Protocol Key" documented and what is it used for?

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I explained to you that you need a valid protocol key, you can ask everybody about that..
You're trying to connect teaspeak server using ts3 client. Teaspeak does not give support to tea(m)speak related things.
Use teaspeak client, for example.. you will be able to connect with unlimited slots for free ;)

You can use the forum search option to confirm about "Server version is too old for command" message..

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
As @yamano says here.

You can't connect with ts3client to teaspeak. so you need to use TeaSpeak Client.
Teaspeak doesn't give support to tea(m)speak client! =)

And if you want to use ts3client, you need to buy protocol_key!

oggs

As @yamano says here.

You can't connect with ts3client to teaspeak. so you need to use TeaSpeak Client.
Teaspeak doesn't give support to tea(m)speak client! =)

And if you want to use ts3client, you need to buy protocol_key!
i see, thanks for the reply. is a protocol key part of the ts3 server license?

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
@oggs what they say is true. BUT you can connect with Tea*Speak client (mentioned as TS3) in TeaSpeak server.

You don't really need the protocol_key...

In TS3 version 3.3 and forward, they added kind of license check in client-side, so servers with invalid licenses OR TeaServers wouldn't be able to connect. You can connect to TeaServers with TS3 clients v3.1.~, but then you need to enable experimental_31 in config.yml at the TeaServer.

Newer clients won't be able to connect because of the license check.

What does @world offer is a license to TeaSpeak, which allows the users with the new versions do that clientside license check.

Personally, I've bought from @world, so you can trust him.