• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Set an IP to connect to

Larok

Hey guys,

first of all, I am fairly unexperienced when it comes to server stuff and linux. Which is why I wanted to set myself a challenge setting up a TeaSpeak Server.

I am using a Raspberry Pi 400 and the ARM optimised release (1.4.4 IIRC). I followed all the tutorials I could find and even got the server set up locally so that I can connect to it using YaTQA though I can't connect to it with either the TeaSpeak nor the Tea*Speak client. I suppose I have to bind an IP address now but I don't know how.

How do I set it up so that the server is publicly available?

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Humm..
You sure you're connecting to the right ip : port?
Ports open in raspberry firewall and router firewall?
You're using teaspeak client, right?

Larok

I don't know to what ip I am supposed to connect to.
It seems like my router only allows ipv6 ports to be forwarded in its software.
Yes I am using the TeaSpeak client.

As I said, I don't think I have an ip for the server yet.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
what? :rolleyes:
If you have a raspberry connected to your home internet, the ip it is suposed to be your external network ip (ipv4).
Check your internet ip and connect to the ip : port.
If you cant connect, your router do not have the port opened.

Last edited:

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
The best way you can find is searching online for your router model or calling your ISP and ask them how you can open ports to ipv4 ;)
Maybe there is a bridge mode in your router that let you connect a secundary router (with ipv4 forwarding support).

SHELOFASTOV

Fanatic member
Premium User
And an even better way not to be greedy, but to take VPS and forget various types of inconvenience)

Larok

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I am doing this, amongst other things, to prevent additional monthly bills