• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Native Client Simplified settings of the server group

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm seems like a dup. of a thread posted already within the support section of the web client :)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well until a menu like this will come up it will take some time.
but I'm having already an option implemented to hide not needed permissions for channels & channel groups :)

I'll also add a mode where only permissions which are actually assignable will be shown.
So the user does not get confused by permissions which does not matter :D

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Well until a menu like this will come up it will take some time.
but I'm having already an option implemented to hide not needed permissions for channels & channel groups :)

I'll also add a mode where only permissions which are actually assignable will be shown.
So the user does not get confused by permissions which does not matter :D
Nevertheless, I believe that the option I proposed should be added. Since even I don't know the function of each permission, I have to look for the description in third-party sources. If you add this feature the server setup will be simplified to a few clicks.

heartles39

Fanatic member
Perms are not copied in teaspeak web client. can't right click a perme and copy No copy button in teaweb

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well not sure what you mean for me it works perfectly.
(Copying the permission name)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
" If you add this feature the server setup will be simplified to a few clicks. " That is already possible.
Just right click on one permission. Then you could choose "show description". Than this pops up:

But in general a HTML site with all permissions and a bit better descriptions would not harm.

Vafin

TeaFanatic
" If you add this feature the server setup will be simplified to a few clicks. " That is already possible.
Just right click on one permission. Then you could choose "show description". Than this pops up:

But in general a HTML site with all permissions and a bit better descriptions would not harm.
I know about these descriptions, but for beginners they are not as convenient as simplified settings.

Vafin

TeaFanatic
May it be worth trying to make simplified permission management the same way it is done in discord?
However, should leave the ability to manage permissions in the traditional way.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
If it were so easy....

Yes it might be worth it, but designing a good ui there will be a task of its own :D

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I know about these descriptions, but for beginners they are not as convenient as simplified settings.
It's planned to have some kind of "permission" site where each permission is explained, may even with a little example.

Last edited:

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Yes it might be worth it, but designing a good ui there will be a task of its own :D
Need simpler permission settings. All my clients who try TeaClient complain that setting up a group of servers is very difficult. They try to use TeaClient but drop it, even though I provide the server absolutely for free! We must do something!

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Users are simply lost when they see such a complex permission structure!

Last edited:

Vafin

TeaFanatic
May it be worth trying to make simplified permission management the same way it is done in discord?
However, should leave the ability to manage permissions in the traditional way.

Hi! I would like to remind you of my proposal)))

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I've not forgot that.
But I'm not really seeing me doing it for the permission system as it is right now.
But don't worry I've already plans for revolutionizing it ;)

Vafin

TeaFanatic
I have to remind you again about my offer, as my clients do not have sufficient knowledge in setting up privileges. They need the privileges to be set up in a couple of clicks.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I have to remind you again about my offer, as my clients do not have sufficient knowledge in setting up privileges. They need the privileges to be set up in a couple of clicks.
I know but the permission system isn't as easy as discords and cant be abstracted like that.
But don't worry I'm already having in mind changing this aspect :)