• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Native Client Suggestion: Dutch client version

shinzoke

I’ve noticed that there ain’t an option for Dutch language at the settings section...

if im allowed I can start translating to Dutch...

Greetz
Shinzoke

shinzoke

Bumping this post 😅

but euhm @WolverinDEV
If you just point me towards the files I can snoop around and start the translation, I assume that it's not that hard to get a translation working 😁
(I know you got a lot on your mind right now so I don’t want to harass you with these things)

greetz
Shinzoke

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Arg... and I forgot it....
I'm going to eat rn, but I'll (hopefully may just respond so I've a notification) get back here

Vafin

TeaFanatic
I’ve noticed that there ain’t an option for Dutch language at the settings section...

if im allowed I can start translating to Dutch...

Greetz
Shinzoke
Perhaps this post will help you

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Okey, I'll not yet write a full tutorial since I've (may) planned to change the translation system a bit,
so you're able to see your changes directly within the web client without a need of a translation repository (which is a bit more tricky to setup).

Anyways here are already the basic steps:
  1. Download the language you want to translate
    You can download the translation file from here: https://github.com/TeaSpeak/TeaWeb/tree/develop/shared/i18n
    If your language hasn't been translated/generated contact me and I'll generate a base file for you

2. Open the file in the I18N editor
    Navigate to https://tools.teaspeak.de/i18n-editor/ and load the translation file

3. Begin to translate
    Here are some handy tips:
    • Save on a regular bases.
      The website does not have any kind of auto save. In case of a page crash or reload all your changes are lost.
      So it's highly recommend to change on a regular bases to avoid any frustration.

• Mark human translated or verified translations
      Each translation has flags which can bet set/edited. The flag "human-verified" indicates, that this translation is correctly translated and has no need to be translated any more. (PS Use the approve translation in the top right ;))

• Use the advanced filter (Advanced settings)
      Filtering your translations can improve your workflow. Not all translations are ensured to be visible for the user (Some of them are just prints into the console). You can filter for only UI visible translations by setting the whitelist filter to ui-visible.

Here is a list of all available flags:
      ui-visibleThis flag indicates that the translation will be definitively visible to the user
      in-use-systemThe translation has still be found within the code (Attention: Even though a translation might not has this flag it's still being used!)
      in-use-manualThis translation has been manually flagged as in use (see in-use-system)
      human-verifiedThis translation has been verified by a human native speaker
      google-translateThis translation has originally been translated by google (The human-verified overrides this flag)

4. Propose your changes
    Once done, feel free to open a PR on github to propose your changes.
    You can also send me the translation file in private and I'll update it.

5. Get the credit you deserve!
    Add yourself to the contributors (in the first lines of the file, you're required to open the translation file with a text editor).

I hope this will help you out and give you a clue how to do the translations ;)

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Check the github repository and if there is no dutch translation, traduce and create it yourself ;)

Last edited: