• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending TeaSpeak MusicBot freezes when playing soundcloud

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
The bot stops playing any music (youtube, radio, mp3). Visually, it seems to be playing, but there is no sound.
Visually, the bot is playing, you see an active voice indicator in the TeaClient? Please tell me, is the voice indicator also active when using TS3?
Is there an open process with a music stream? If you stop the bot with a command and start a new thread, is the problem solved, or does only restarting the server help?

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Visually, the bot is playing, you see an active voice indicator in the TeaClient? Please tell me, is the voice indicator also active when using TS3?
Is there an open process with a music stream? If you stop the bot with a command and start a new thread, is the problem solved, or does only restarting the server help?
The voice indicator is not active, but if you look using htop, you will see that the ffmpeg process is working. The problem is solved only after rebooting the server .

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Do you have a soundcloud link to test with?
Code:
https://soundcloud.com/variousartists01/love-is
https://soundcloud.com/sandra-163657523/mevl-belorusochka-2
https://soundcloud.com/user-9710714/mevl-kholodok-full-version
https://soundcloud.com/vika-dmitrakova-632899515/mp3
Any link is suitable soundcloud.com

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm
Accoring to this line:
Code:
[2020-05-05 12:58:35] [DEBUG]     8 | [MusicBot] Got play event from music player. Starting bot!
The bot should start, it also sends player stats updates, which only occur when the bot is running bot for some reason it does not receives audio data at all.
Code:
[2020-05-05 12:58:50] [TRACE]     8 | [46.147.237.22:59309/Support | 2][Command][Server -> Client] Sending command notifymusicstatusupdate. Command low: false. Full command: notifymusicstatusupdate bot_id=195 player_buffered_index=0 player_replay_index=0
I'm sadly not printing the FFMPEG command anymore to try it out via the cli...

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Hmm
Accoring to this line:
Code:
[2020-05-05 12:58:35] [DEBUG]     8 | [MusicBot] Got play event from music player. Starting bot!
The bot should start, it also sends player stats updates, which only occur when the bot is running bot for some reason it does not receives audio data at all.
Code:
[2020-05-05 12:58:50] [TRACE]     8 | [46.147.237.22:59309/Support | 2][Command][Server -> Client] Sending command notifymusicstatusupdate. Command low: false. Full command: notifymusicstatusupdate bot_id=195 player_buffered_index=0 player_replay_index=0
I'm sadly not printing the FFMPEG command anymore to try it out via the cli...
This is more like an ffmpeg problem. I will try to update ffmpeg.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

@WolverinDEV , I re-installed ffmpeg with the command:
./install_music.sh install-ffmpeg -f or --force-ffmpeg
The problem disappeared. Everything works.

But I noticed another strange thing. When the song is fully loaded into the buffer, the bot switches to another track without finishing the previous track.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Unfortunately, the ffmpeg update didn't help. The bot stopped receiving audio data again.

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm it must be something up with your server...
I tried it several times, several servers and all of your songs worked flawlessly....

In general is it just soundcloud?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"Problem is relevant (TeaSpeak-1.4.14-beta-6)", yes haven't changed anything yet, because I've no point to start of with.
My guess is that actually FFMPEG just stops sending any data, but I'm not sure how to verify that.

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
@Vafin Hi, is this problem still reproduced in newer versions?
I tried to reproduce this problem several times, but to no avail.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
:(:ROFLMAO:
I may have a guess why, without even looking at the crash dump it self (As you know I'm currently on vacation, so I'm unable to do so up to Wednesday).
My FFMPEG provider had a bug that for some reason the stream ends before sending the end signal it crashed.
I never reproduced that, it was just a theoretical thing, but some others did already.

I attempted to fix it, and since the user updated his ffmpeg setup, the "bug" never occurred any more, so the fix hasn't been tested either.

But nvm I'll find out.