• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

TeaSpeak Web

Would you like to be an contributor?

• Yes, but i cant help with CSS or TS

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Yes, i could help with TypeScript improvements

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, i could help with CSS improvements

Votes: 37 48.7%
  • no i wouldn't

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
after a long time, its now time to announce the closed alpha testing phase of the TeaSpeak Web client!
As many of you know, I'm already working over a few months on the Web Client, and I'm very proud the whole project, and it's first big advantage: The WebClient!
Caused by the fact, that nothing is perfect, when it's get released, i start with a closed alpha test phase.

How could i setup my own TeaSpeak server with web compatibility?
Well this is a little bit harder, caused by the reason that you need a valid SSL certificate.
A more detailed manual could you find here: <a url>

I can't connect to my own server!
Well this is a common problem.
Cause to the security policy of web rtc, you can just access the microphone when the side is secure (https).
This also includes all connections like web sockets, so they have to be ssl encrypted as well.
Cause most browsers does not allow self signed certificate, and block any connect attempts, you can't connect.
We'll you're now asking how you could fix this,and I tell you this is more simple that you thought.
You just have to connect to the remote address (and port!) via https, accept the certificate and you will be able to access the server. Another solution is to create a valid ssl certificate (e.g. With Letsencrypt) and register it in your TeaSpeak server.

Where can I report a bug?
Its nearly the same system, like you report a bug for the TeaSpeak server.
Just create an issue under the TeaSpeak-Web Github project (https://github.com/TeaSpeak/TeaSpeak-Web)

What is already implemented within the WebClient?
According to the fact, that the TeaSpeak-Web client is a very new project, it hasn't so much futures, but the basics are already implemented.
Here is a list of the already implemented futures of the Web-Client:
- Connect to any TeaSpeak server
- Use a Tea*Speak identity or just verify over this forum
- Channel create, edit and modify
- Server, Channel and Client icons
- Voice communication (Opus Voice & Music only)
- Push to talk
- Voice activity detection
- Always active
- Channel tree view & Detailed entry information view
- Basic chat system (no empties and sometimes really wired format)

And at least: Screenshots!

*** EDIT ****
The Web-Client is now open souce.

Last edited:

lettly

Hi, I would like to know how you can subscribe to the alpha of the web interface?
And how can I contribute to the development, even if in a small part (I have skills in css html and php, and also in js but minimally)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Right now you need premium to enter the closed alpha.

End of the closed alpha 1.6.2018 (this date is not binding).
And this has a good reason. As may many of you notice, I still habe some problems with voice sometimes in some browsers, and this need to be fixed. And it's also still an alpha :)

Kevinos

Fanatic member
Premium User
Hello, just download the script : on index.php have this : <script src="js/load.js"></script>
but : The requested URL /js/load.js was not found on this server.
No any file load.js :s
Fixed, i download the file from your webclient

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yes and no it's a little bit complicated.
Maybe when Teaspeak got much better I'll try to realize something like that

Last edited by a moderator:

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
thanks for your time.
i got these files on my local host (tested with a actual host as well) the only thing happens is the books loading page . it will not go any future

whats the problem?

thank you

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
BTW I'm sorry to say but the web client is currently not working with the newest Teaspeak server because the latest official build is from my vacation PC and I haven't Webrtc there :)

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
Hey,
BTW I'm sorry to say but the web client is currently not working with the newest Teaspeak server because the latest official build is from my vacation PC and I haven't Webrtc there :)
yes i lhow but as i said its stuck on first loading
i need to solve that first

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
You have to take a look within the console.
(BTW: The repo is just for participating. Its not recommend to setup your own mirror, specially because there are some features which are TeaSpeak bound)

farhadhelix

TeaFanatic
You have to take a look within the console.
(BTW: The repo is just for participating. Its not recommend to setup your own mirror, specially because there are some features which are TeaSpeak bound)
whats the console and where is it.
i guess im doing something wrong here.
is it something need to be done ?
i just downloaded and put the files in the host. should i do something more . coz i dont find any tutorial on it.
thanks