• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending the teaspeak client doesn't open on windows

pvlopez

I was try to reach some of the developers of the teaspeak client to ask them for help in this problem with the teaspeak client for windows(and maybe for linux as well) because it just doesn't open and when I run it in the terminal the output is this:
Main app executed!
Spawn loading screen
Spawn window!
request: http://clientapi.teaspeak.de//api.php?type=update-info
failed check for newer versions!
Invalid status code (-1 | !-- failed to parse json --!)
Loading ui package
Local cache: {}
{ Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND clientapi.teaspeak.de clientapi.teaspeak.de:80
at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:57:26)
errno: 'ENOTFOUND',
code: 'ENOTFOUND',
syscall: 'getaddrinfo',
hostname: 'clientapi.teaspeak.de',
host: 'clientapi.teaspeak.de',
port: 80 } 'Uncaught Exception thrown'
{ Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND clientapi.teaspeak.de clientapi.teaspeak.de:80
at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:57:26)
errno: 'ENOTFOUND',
code: 'ENOTFOUND',
syscall: 'getaddrinfo',
hostname: 'clientapi.teaspeak.de',
host: 'clientapi.teaspeak.de',
port: 80 }

I said in a thread earlier that me and the users here have no internet, in case that may be the root of the problem. I would thank a lot any assistance in this matter.I actually want to leave the Tea*Speak and use TeaSpeak which I consider is better.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
the client require for the first start internet.
Afterwards it should start offline as well :)

pvlopez

Is there some chance that the developers add in the next client update some config option or similar so that it can be changed to check for updates or not at any moment?As I said before me and my clients have no internet access, the few times I connect is with a proxy and I tested the client using the proxy to see if it gets connected but the same error happens. I really appreciate that option added and I'm sure a lot of users now or in the future will do as well. Not everybody in the world have internet, some people just can't.Thats one of the reasons I'm trying to leave Tea*Speak for other tecnology like TeaSpeak or Mumble but I have not decided yet, Teaspeak seems much better but I can't used yet because of this problem; I've never even get it open.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well as I've said it only required Internet once, but this will change later there will be then a preinstalled UI packet.
But the client itself isnt the major priority now, the web client is more important :)