• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending the virtualserver channel limit has been reached

Pamonha

Premium User
Good afternoon!
Recently I came across the message of limit of reached channels, I looked for something related in the forum I didn't find anything related.

I looked for some information even in the permissions, I found limitations for conversations, but not for permissions.

I noticed that in version 1.4.6 something related came in, but I looked for the mentioned permissions, but without success.

The quote I mentioned is Added a channel limit for each virtual server. Editable via virtualserver_max_channels with permissions b_virtualserver_modify_maxchannels

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
first I've to say: Thanks for reading the changelog ;)

The permission itself has been called i_client_max_channels.
Along with that permissions comes an individual one for "temporary", "semi" and "permanent" channels.

A server wide limitation is editable via the server property virtualserver_max_channels which requires the permission b_virtualserver_modify_maxchannels.

Pamonha

Premium User
Hey,
first I've to say: Thanks for reading the changelog ;)

The permission itself has been called i_client_max_channels.
Along with that permissions comes an individual one for "temporary", "semi" and "permanent" channels.

A server wide limitation is editable via the server property virtualserver_max_channels which requires the permission b_virtualserver_modify_maxchannels.
Oops, sorry for the delay in answering anything .. So, I'm having trouble setting these permissions, even if I set the value to -1 or simply type 99999999 I can't create new channels regardless of the permission I have, even considering the admin server query.

Below some important information

Cited permissions
i_client_max_channels: https://prnt.sc/vi9kl5
b_virtualserver_modify_maxchannels: https://prnt.sc/vi9kvh
virtualserver_max_channels: Not found in the version used

TeaSpeak Version
1.4.20-beta-1 optimized

The handling of permissions is performed through YATQA for security

Unfortunately, I tried to update to the latest version of the teaspeak, during the process a big problem with permissions was discovered, all groups managed to do absolutely everything inside the server, from a visitor to a junior administrator, everyone had all possible permissions unlocked.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
Is this still a thing?
I'm sorry but I forgot about this thread.

I've just setuped a new server only with the TeaClient any everything seems to be fine, including the channel limits ;)

Pamonha

Premium User
Oops, thanks for the answer .. even for the time.

I managed to solve the problem by upgrading to the optimized TeaSpeak-1.4.19 version. I'm not sure what happened, but simply upgrading to this version, everything seems to have been resolved.