• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

This server is blacklisted. Refusing to connect.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Because somebody reported your server ip or you published it in online groups / websites.
It is completely usual..

mohammad

Well, why should we be blacklisted? No other problem is unreasonable, unless we have committed a crime or violation that we should be blacklisted for a simple report. There is no way around this.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Because you're probably using a protocol key and ts3 client to connect your server.
This is teaspeak project, so you need to use teaspeak client to connect and no blacklist will affect you ;)

kingston

Then change your server ip / dns.
When blacklisting, do they always block just the IP or can they go after the domain as well?

Also, in the old good days it was failry easy to patch the client to ignore blacklist. Still a thing these days?

Because you're probably using a protocol key and ts3 client to connect your server.
This is teaspeak project, so you need to use teaspeak client to connect and no blacklist will affect you ;)
Is teaspeak client/server software free to use without any limitations or does it require buying premium rank here to unlock some features or to use it at all?

[...] blacklisted for a simple report. There is no way around this.
Yep. That's exactly what is scaring me as well. And I'm sure that those who paid for legal license are more than eager to monitor all the big public servers they can (at the country level at least) and keep reporting them. So unless you run a private one it's a big risk I would say.

Last edited:

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
When blacklisting, do they always block just the IP or can they go after the domain as well?

Is teaspeak client/server software free to use without any limitations or does it require buying premium rank here to unlock some features or to use it at all?
1. They can block both the IP address and the domain.
2. There are no restrictions, use TeaClient / WebClient.