• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Upgrade order - crash and couple of errors

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Hey!

I've been using 1.4.22 since it's release, and I've experienced a crash every 20ish days, nothing to call my attention. So I'm wanting to upgrade to the latest version (1.5.6 b2).

Tryied to update directly from 1.4.22 and got a crash, then updated procedurally in the following order, getting the latest beta for each minor version and so on.

TeaSpeak-1.4.22-beta.tar.gz - OK, DB upgraded from v15 to v16, permissions from v4 to v5

TeaSpeak-1.5.0-beta-12.tar.gz - OK, DB upgraded from v16 to v17, permissions from v5 to v8 (why 3 steps? should I've updated the minor beta versions aswell?)

TeaSpeak-1.5.1-beta-2.tar.gz - OK, DB upgraded from v17 to v18, permissions from v8 to v9 (here it started to show error "virtualserver_weblist_enabled" invalid property per virtual server loaded, I know it has been removed support for the weblists, but shouldn't the property be removed aswell?)

TeaSpeak-1.5.2-beta.tar.gz - OK didn't need to upgrade anything

From 1.5.3 on, can't get to work...

TeaSpeak-1.5.3-beta-3.tar.gz, TeaSpeak-1.5.4-beta-7.tar.gz, TeaSpeak-1.5.5-beta-3.tar.gz and TeaSpeak-1.5.6-beta-2.tar.gz
Error and crash:
Failed to load group assignments: failed to query database ( sql: SELECT `groupId`, `cldbid`, `channelId`, `until` FROM `assignedGroups` WHERE `serverId` = :sid ORDER BY `cldbid` returned -> 11/database disk image is malformed)

Am I doing something wrong? Should I install only the first beta of each minor version?

I can send you the database @WolverinDEV if you want... It's about 450mb.

Attachments

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
" So I'm wanting to upgrade to the latest version (1.5.6 b2). "
Dont do that..
Like explained in several threads, this is not a good option.
Maybe trying v1.5.6-beta it is the best way.

About your upgrade problems, maybe you can try by upgrading the version one by one.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
" So I'm wanting to upgrade to the latest version (1.5.6 b2). "
Dont do that..
Like explained in several threads, this is not a good option.
Maybe trying v1.5.6-beta it is the best way.

About your upgrade problems, maybe you can try by upgrading the version one by one.
Don't see any crash report or information to not update to 1.5.6 b2... As you can see, I've tryied updating one by one, changing between minor version . I don't see why I would need to go all through the betas since some of the betas might just break the whole database (I remember that somewhere between 1.4.22 and 1.5.3 @WolverinDEV had to push na emmergency patch to avoid that, so since there isn't information on that aswell, need to wait for the official response).

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
If i am not wrong even wolverindev said that he will probably rollback the latest version
(idk if he did it or not and idk if he was talking about optimized or stable).
I've no problems going between v1.4.22 and v1.5.6 at all, i just suggested you to do it
since in your case you cant and sometimes it solves this kind of problems..

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
If i am not wrong even wolverindev said that he will probably rollback the latest version
I never said that, but I probably burned out with the new versions^^

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
here it started to show error "virtualserver_weblist_enabled" invalid property per virtual server loaded, I know it has been removed support for the weblists, but shouldn't the property be removed aswell?
Yes and no, I leave all unknown properties in favour to be able to roll back without any issues.
I may should remove this message.