• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Voice freezing

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Hey, i've been using 1.4.8 since it was released and my customers have been experiencing voice freezing for the last days.

I can confirm that it's not happening at all virtual instances at the same time, since I was using a personal virtual instance at the time it last happened.

I dont really have much more information, but what I have is this (at the time of the events):
  • 24 servers online
  • 1500+ users connected (1600, 1700, 1800)
  • Uptime of 1day/2days/3days/4days
  • More than 5~ users in a channel (can't confirm if it happens through all the instance or only on the channel it self)
  • In the instance it was happening they had 100+ users connected (150 in one, 240)
  • Got a server query bot sending 1+- command/sec

Couldn't manage to see TeaServer CPU/Mem usage, but you can see that my system was not overloaded:

Also, consider that I'm running a similar Tea*Speak server in the same host, with almost the same number of users and instances (even more than Tea), and with 40 instances of my query bot.

Right now, this is the information i've got from the TeaServer in YaTQA

With HTOP filtered by TeaSpeakServer (with TeaSpeakServer occupying the top CPU even before filtering)

My setup is a dedicated 6-core AMD Ryzen 5 3600x with 32gb ram.

CPU Cores usages looks like distributed, even with TeaServer peaking into 300% CPU usage.

I'm using a modified config file from the last problem I had on 1.4.4, which solved temporarly similar issue.

If anything, I can activate the trace log to try to fetch anything (even if in log lvl 2 it takes 50mb/day of logging)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well "voice lagging" is quite interesting.
In general WARN mode should do the thing for you with the logging stuff.

Could you give me the config.yml you've used when this "voice" lagging occurred?

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Well "voice lagging" is quite interesting.
In general WARN mode should do the thing for you with the logging stuff.

Could you give me the config.yml you've used when this "voice" lagging occurred?
The config is attached as a pastebin link...

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

It's happening right now again... Considering moving back to Tea*Speak again recently deployied servers and wait another months to try TeaSpeak again... It's pratically the same issue I've reported back in November/December (and got the thread closed).

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I'm sending you @WolverinDEV via PM the log that just rotated, demonstrating what happened in the log.

Last edited:

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I will close this topic, since the problem seems to be solved, but in any case, leave your reviews, your reviews of server performance are always interesting to read, especially when the load on the instance is quite high in terms of bandwidth and the count of clients online.