• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Warning! AAL/NPL!

arhangel777

Hi,
I want to share my bitter experience.

I used the valid AAL.

1.png

But after a while the domain and IP address were placed to Tea*Speak graylist.
And users on all servers got error: "You are connecting to a Tea*Speak server that seems to be using an invalid license."
I was remove AAL from the server instance and limited all virtual servers 32 slots.

Conversation with Tea*Speak support (it is still ongoing) gave only such the result:
"Your server was found in connection to an illegal hoster. Unless the server is properly LICENSED not using the free download, it will not be removed"
Who is interested, I can send the screenshots via PM.

Therefore, before you begin to use the AAL, think about the risks and the opportunity to get on the gray/blacklist.
Of course, changing the domain name and IP address solved the problem.
But there is no guarantee that this will not be repeated again and again.
In addition, it is bad for all your users who will have to change addresses to connect.

I also think that this situation can happen with NPL too.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Thats why. there is high risk/chance for getting greylisted/blacklisted. - unless you want to spend a lot of money, buying several thousand IP addresses, domains

kewtrewt

This is why Teaspeak must build its own standalone client, or find a way to "trick" v3.2.2 Tea*Speak clients.

The teaspeak started IMHO as an alternative to Tea*Speak, but since the v3.2.2 Tea*Speak client i see no point on using it if i have to buy a Tea*Speak licence for more than 32 slots (just use the Tea*Speak server with that licence).

n0ns

I also bought a license to use in teaspeak, everything worked normally with client 3.2.2 above 32 slots for a few days, however today my server went into greylist. Can you help me with something I can write to them by asking them to desban the IP address of my server, or this would not be possible ... maybe it is better to change the IP of my server? Is it possible to occur again?

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I also bought a license to use in teaspeak, everything worked normally with client 3.2.2 above 32 slots for a few days, however today my server went into greylist. Can you help me with something I can write to them by asking them to desban the IP address of my server, or this would not be possible ... maybe it is better to change the IP of my server? Is it possible to occur again?
No. it's not possible to request as unban by Tea*Speak. - They will always wrote to you on email: "these servers were blacklisted because they have up until recently been running illicit server versions."