• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Which CPU is better for TeaSpeak Server?

xDyego

Hello, I was using a Dedicated with this CPU:

Configuration-CPU-01:
config1.png

I never had any problems with this CPU configuration, but since I was needing more disk space, I moved from a plan to a dedicated one with this CPU:
Configuration-CPU-02:
config2.png

As I said, everything was fine before, I just migrated because of the disk space. But I noticed that in configuration 2 the CPU oscillates a lot, while in configuration 1 the CPU oscillates between 15% to 25% in times of little access and in times of very access the CPU oscillates between 30% and 45%. With this new CPU configuration 2 in times of low access, the CPU is already oscillating between 20% and 50%.

Can anyone help me with this? Should I continue with this new configuration or go back to the previous configuration?

xDyego

I updated the Dedicated Server kernel in configuration 1 and the CPU is behaving similarly to the CPU in configuration 2. I didn't even know that Kernel made that difference.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I have both cpus in mine OVH machines.
1x i7 4790k and 2x i7 6700k.
The cpu consuption is the same in both machines.
I'm using Proxmox 6 system in both 3 machines (latest kernel version available) and latest teaspeak server version nightly-26.
(i use Debian 10 x64 LXC containers to host teaspeak servers)
Everything seems to work ok with up to 1100 users.
I'm not totally sure but i think cpu consuption is improved in this latest versions (nightly-25 / 26).

Last edited: