• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Compatibility TS3 Client and TeaSpeak Server

someone

Hi, first of all i am absolutely new to TS Server administration. I am Linux admin and just started hosting a server for my mates of a clan (about 10 people).
I installed Tea*Speak server because everybody there uses Tea*Speak 3. I noticed wierd disconnects which seem to be a limitation of the free version (connections to the accounting service brought me to that conclusion). So i checked the license and noticed they want 55 US $ every year. No thanks. I would pay but not every year.

My question: is the teaspeak server compatible to the (current) Tea*Speak client? Or have the others switch their client software to teaspeak client?

I can speak english and german, so its no problem for me if somebody wants to answer in german ;)

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
users need to switch to older version, if it's needed to works. so..

Yes you NEED a AAL license, if you want other with newest client to join (e.g: 3.2.2) ^^

someone

What is an AAL license? Unfortunately i can not search for AAL as its only 3 characters, which is too short for a search request.

edit:
Ok, got it. google helped. But then i am wondering whats the purpose of this software (teaspeak)?