• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Can't connect to server

BayX

Hi,

I'm curious to try TeaSpeak but I ran into some problems.
At first I got this error:
Code:
[ts3user@srv17 teaspeak]$ ./teastart_minimal.sh
./teastart_minimal.sh: line 49: packageManagersList: bad array subscript
./TeaSpeakServer: error while loading shared libraries: libnice.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
stty: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./libs/libjemalloc.so.2)
stty: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by ./libs/libjemalloc.so.2)
I solved it by installing CentOS 7 on a new server. The server where I got errors are running CentOS 6.7

Now, the server starts and everything looks good, as far as I can see, but I can't join the server.
At first I got "Server version is too old", but I addressed that problem by changing Experimental to 1. But now I get "Failed to connect to the server"...

Ports 9987 (UDP), 10101 (TCP) & 30303 (TCP) are open. For the voice port I made a port forward so connections are made through port 9988 instead, because I have a legal 32 slot server running on default port on a different server in the meantime.

I tried to stop the firewall temporary just to be sure that wasn't the issue.

I'm kind of stuck at this issue right now..
Notice, I'm running the latest version of TeaSpeak (1.2.29-beta-1)

BayX

Okay, I see. If I may ask, then what's the advantage of using TeaSpeak instead of Tea*Speak if I need a license anyway?

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
./TeaSpeakServer: error while loading shared libraries: libnice.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
< because you need to install libnice10 :)

what's the advantage of using TeaSpeak instead of Tea*Speak if I need a license anyway?
The only difference that TeaSpeak has more permissions and music bot incl.