• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Help setting up

Wheat

I’ve followed every guide I can and I still haven’t set it up correctly. I’ve got a Debian server with TeaSpeak installed and I can start the server. How do I view the details to connect to the server with? Like password and such. How do I install Yatqa on my server and how do I use it? And is there anything else I should know? I’m going to be hosting this server full time for me and friends so any way to streamline this is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I now seem to have broken it, whenever I run the start command it can’t start anymore and suspends the server. Is this supposed to be this hard?

Last edited:

MiguelETG

Which of the following guides did you followed to install the Server?

YaTQA does not need to be installed on the server side, it's a Query Application for Windows that allows you to manage the server via an interface instead of sending commands via console.

---- More info ----

If you cannot connect to the Query, verify you do not have any firewall blocking this communications.
If you do not know where to find the Query password, you can find it on the logs files located at logs/ directory (usually it should be in one of the oldest files / first files generated).
Double check the listening Query port at the config.yml file (you can search by the word "query:".
If you want to know on which ports the app is listening, you can check it out by executing: "netstat -ano" (you might see 9987 udp and 10101 tcp listening on 0.0.0.0).

Last edited:

Wheat

I followed the script guide but then it didn’t seem like it worked so I did the manual install which did work. I’ll have to check later but this computer is completely fresh so there shouldn’t be a firewall.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I’ll get yatqa installed on my regular computer as well.

Last edited: