• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Completed Icons not loading

volt123

Hi,

I Have restored a snapshot to a clean server instance and reuploaded the icons same as they were on a old server.
When I try to upload it again via Tea*Speak, I get this error:

Code:
[2018-09-30 21:50:35] [ERROR]  FILE | [7|xx| Volt] Invalid file write! (1024)
[2018-09-30 21:50:35] [ERROR]  FILE | [7|xx| Volt] Invalid file write! (396)
Server version TeaSpeak 1.2.19-beta

Could this be a permission issue? The default TeaSpeak icon is visible.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
This seems more like an file syst error because it can't write data to it. Is it possible to upload a file by hand?

RuanLeite

Oh, I'll give you a tip .. Do the import in the following steps below.

1. Restore the snapshot.
2. Restore the files

I recently realized that teaspeak architecture is quite different from its competitor, much more organized .. It creates several folders separating files of form of importance, something that its distant cousin does not do.

When you try to import everything from a single backup, yatqa does not reconnect the new directories and ends up generating an error or even a success message in the import, but in fact no success has been achieved.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well im not totally sure what's the difference :D
personally never used yatqa's icon save function, im just deploying snapshots via the command line.
May you could describe the "problem" closer so I may could build some kind of "fix"

volt123

I didn't use the yatqa icon features. I just restored the snapshot of servers and permissions and manually copied the icons to the folder. Only icon_1001 is visible.
1538525172161.png

@WolverinDEV, no need to by picky :). Copying icons is one of the easiest task so I am not sure what I can add to the description. I did it many times previously and this is the first time that is doesn't work on a new clean server and I can't even upload it via Tea*Speak groups which is odd.

volt123

sh*t. :)
The files are assigned to root and TeaSpeak is run by a different user... Makes sense.
Thanks Wolverin. You can close the topic.