• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Completed Memory Leaks status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibnobs

Hey, first off good work with the project so far, its falling nicely into shape :)

Just curious what the official status is on memory leaks? Is it still a known ongoing issue or is it officially fixed as far as you guys are aware?

I am using 1.2.15b and although leaking is no way near as bad as a few versions ago I still seem to be losing 1mb per user connected which never gets freed up.
Also if the server is particularly busy (30-50 users) then i can be losing 10-70mb an hour even without user connect/disconnects.

I am running on a small 512mb ram VPS so I have to schedule a reboot every morning just to ensure memory usage stays below the max ram.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
1.2% out of 30GB RAM here. :)
but most CPU used atm. 20-35%.

Too a VPS. (planned to make Server2) on a dedicated. ;p

almir101

Well try switching on more RAM, or upgrade to dedicated server.
On 512MB VPS you wont go far agains attackers.

EDIT: On my other dedicated it uses more RAM,but this server has more users on it. Strange thing is that it uses less CPU,
http://prntscr.com/ksb0jy

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Well try switching on more RAM, or upgrade to dedicated server.
On 512MB VPS you wont go far agains attackers.

EDIT: On my other dedicated it uses more RAM,but this server has more users on it. Strange thing is that it uses less CPU,
http://prntscr.com/ksb0jy
Daamn. my VPS is just using more CPU. ;/ maybe i should try test on my dedicated. it's just a E3-1245v6 without AntiDDoSGame (overpriced). xD

Nibnobs

I am not interested in spending more money on a server, attackers are not really a worry for me its only a Tea*Speak for a small group of friends. I understand memory leaks are not a huge issue for people with a lot of memory as you will be able to run for weeks/months with 32GB of spare ram and considering the frequent updates you will likely not hit this issue for quite a while.

I just feel it would be good for the project if it can match teamspeaks official servers with its ability to be able to run indefinitely without need to reboot the server to free up leaked memory. I also understand this may not be a high priority issue at the moment as there is no doubt still a lot of work to do on other things which is why I was just curious what the official status is on this issue.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I am not interested in spending more money on a server, attackers are not really a worry for me its only a Tea*Speak for a small group of friends. I understand memory leaks are not a huge issue for people with a lot of memory as you will be able to run for weeks/months with 32GB of spare ram and considering the frequent updates you will likely not hit this issue for quite a while.

I just feel it would be good for the project if it can match teamspeaks official servers with its ability to be able to run indefinitely without need to reboot the server to free up leaked memory. I also understand this may not be a high priority issue at the moment as there is no doubt still a lot of work to do on other things which is why I was just curious what the official status is on this issue.
You need to know, it can be a "hard" problem for running TS3 on low spec servers (as example less RAM.) thats why, there is chance for it using 90% of memory (example).

If i had extra servers/IPs i'm willing to provide free! ;) with queryaccess ^^

almir101

Yes,also this project is in beta (bugs expected to appear :p).
And I believe that developers will be able to handle this issues as before :)

EDIT: I can also provide you server hosting on different port, query access and if you have domain we can use TSDNS server to let ppl connect to the server without port :)

Nibnobs

I appreciate the offers but would prefer to be in control of the server going down or not at random times :D also a little bit worried about the upcoming TS3 client update breaking servers above 32 slots when that does come out, I just really wish they would open up NPL registrations again so I can run a standard server which I had no issue with on this tiny budget box >_<.

"Changes to this licensing policy are currently being finalized.
Please check back in a few days." MONTHS LATER NO CHANGE lol

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
it taking....months.. or so.. ;) good i have a AAL license. (and 1x NPL license copyed from one of my old company where i did worked!) xD

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Yea AAL + TeaSpeak is good combination, the only question is how long will it last ^.^
I completely agree with you. Sooner or later, Tea*Speak will patch this hole. Therefore, it is necessary to do the teaspeak client.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I completely agree with you. Sooner or later, Tea*Speak will patch this hole. Therefore, it is necessary to do the teaspeak client.
Well depends when they will "patch" since i can (always) get teaspeak to show AAL license. since the (licensekey is valid) :p

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Hey, first off good work with the project so far, its falling nicely into shape :)

Just curious what the official status is on memory leaks? Is it still a known ongoing issue or is it officially fixed as far as you guys are aware?

I am using 1.2.15b and although leaking is no way near as bad as a few versions ago I still seem to be losing 1mb per user connected which never gets freed up.
Also if the server is particularly busy (30-50 users) then i can be losing 10-70mb an hour even without user connect/disconnects.

I am running on a small 512mb ram VPS so I have to schedule a reboot every morning just to ensure memory usage stays below the max ram.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

Yes man.
Teaspeak keeps using a lot of memory ram.. (better than before, but not good enough..)
With 2gb ram i've to auto restart every 5 days to avoid some kind of crashes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.