• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Completed Bugs - Server crashes when uploading many icons

n0ns

Hello, I would like to report a bug that ends up crashing the server.
First of all I'm sorry English, I'm not fluent.

If you access by the Tea*Speak client, the tab where you upload the icons to the positions on the server, open it to upload and select multiple images in the correct size and put to load, and do this again before loading all the images the first time, repeating these steps for a maximum of 1 or 2 times the server crashes.

I use the version: 1.2.19-beta-7

This bug is a problem, for those who have many active instances mainly. The server crashes and all users lose the connection.

Can anyone help?

RuanLeite

this happened when I migrated some servers, I ended up overloading the machine hardware and had the locking of it, disconnecting the users that were connected ... are you doing the process multiple times at the same time?

n0ns

this happened when I migrated some servers, I ended up overloading the machine hardware and had the locking of it, disconnecting the users that were connected ... are you doing the process multiple times at the same time?
No friend, I just installed the server in another vps only to cause the crash without disrupting the users of my official server.

Only 2 instances were created, and I was able to crash the server by doing the above procedures.

It would be something that if someone else found out, and wanted to purposely crash the server he would get it. That would be very bad

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
HAHA lovely error.
I already had that one, but it disappeared after some time.
Is may your hard drive full?

n0ns

HAHA lovely error.
I already had that one, but it disappeared after some time.
Is may your hard drive full?
No, he is not friend. So much so that I bought another vps and installed the server only to test this crash, and it worked again.

Any serious mistake? Or to correct ...

n0ns

Does it still exist?
Look I believe it was corrected yes, so far there has been no crash.

Now I need your help, I'm reporting another bug on the server.
I have retrieved a snapshot from a Tea*Speak server, however there are 2 permissions that may be bugged or are considered differently here in teaspeak, they are:

i_client_needed_move_power

On this permission required to move, I define in a serveradmin group as 80 required, but another serveradmin group with the i_client_move_power permission set at 75 or even less can still move the user who is tagged with level 80 in the permission described above.

There is another similar case also, but in the permission:

i_client_needed_permission_modify_power

In that other permission, at least on Tea*Speak when setting to 80, other serveradmin groups with the i_client_permission_modify_power permission set to 75, could not add or remove groups on the user.
In teaspeak this does not work the same way? Because a serveradmin is able to add and remove groups normally in that user who is part of the group with the permission described above configured in 80.

I await a help,

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
My mistake (For the move power.) Fixed in build 2.

I guess you mean i_server_group_member_add_power and i_server_group_member_remove_power.
This permissions has nothing todo with the modify power :)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well the original bug has been fixed.
If there is anything left please open a new thread :)
Closing thread